Pressure sensor and CEL

Z85

Hi everyone.

I'm new in here and don't know a lot about motorcycles. My friend is in the Navy and stationed in TX. He told me to keep his bike warm and baby sit it. It'll need tires in the semi near future along with some maintenance. I can figure some things out but a little guidance would be much appreciated. He gave me a pressure sensor and said that needed changed. I don't know what it does or where it goes. Part #- 5s7-82380-00. Idk if that will help anyone. It also has a CEL on, is there a cheap scanner like OBD2 cars have for like $40?

Thank you for any help or advice.

97audia4

Hi everyone.

I'm new in here and don't know a lot about motorcycles. My friend is in the Navy and stationed in TX. He told me to keep his bike warm and baby sit it. It'll need tires in the semi near future along with some maintenance. I can figure some things out but a little guidance would be much appreciated. He gave me a pressure sensor and said that needed changed. I don't know what it does or where it goes. Part #- 5s7-82380-00. Idk if that will help anyone. It also has a CEL on, is there a cheap scanner like OBD2 cars have for like $40?

Thank you for any help or advice.

Im from central PA, bring it on by and I can install it.

Z85

Thanks for the offer but I lose out on the learning experience. TBH, that's worth a lot to me.

9 Lives

The sensor you are talking about is called a MAP or (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor.

Remove the fuel tank and it is easily accessible

This bike is not OBD 1 or 2 compatible, it has its own built in diagnosis system

All of this is explained in detail in the shop manual

Z85

Awesome, thank you for the info. I'll have to find the manual online or something and see what I can dig up.