power commander 5 map

jess24845030

Hi guys well my full system has now arrived from akrapovic but am having trouble finding a map to use . dynojet have one on their website for the slip-on but not the full system .

the system will be full akrapovic headers ,standard air filter , and the akrapovic carbon can . set up with the power commander 5.

can anyone please help .

oH and a very merry christmas to everone .

thanks for your time and help in advance .

D

DJK1505

Have you modded your air box? Air filter? I have a few different maps I can send you. Have you installed your PCV so you can run seperate maps for each gear?

Let me know what you have. I am sure there are a few others on here that will help out as well.

DJ

master paper clip

Have you modded your air box? Air filter? I have a few different maps I can send you. Have you installed your PCV so you can run seperate maps for each gear?

Let me know what you have. I am sure there are a few others on here that will help out as well.

DJ

How do u do that again DJ... also sorry for the thread jack, but I got the hi flow filter. Would it be a good idea to cut my flies down now that I got the filter

jess24845030

DJ

Hi power commander is installed don,t think its got the extra bit to map swap . their is NO mod to the airbox and it has standard air filter for now .

so basic just power commander 5 and full race system from akropovic .

i will get it on a dyno just the yamaha garage is asking if i have a map they want me to install untill i get the dyno time sorted at a local tuning center .

any help as you would expect is appreciated.

master paper clip

Hi power commander is installed don,t think its got the extra bit to map swap . their is NO mod to the airbox and it has standard air filter for now .

so basic just power commander 5 and full race system from akropovic .

i will get it on a dyno just the yamaha garage is asking if i have a map they want me to install untill i get the dyno time sorted at a local tuning center .

any help as you would expect is appreciated.

If your planning on taking it to a dyno just find what's close and use that till then, closest I found would be the akro racing slip on... can't hurt the bike just won't have its full potential available.

master paper clip

And if your looking to get the most out of the power commander, I would suggest the air box mod DJ mentioned since its free.. and if our gonna do it make sure to have it done before the dyno... I thought the bike was crazy before... then I got the hi flow air filter, did thebairbox mod and gutted my cat... I have zero flat spots threw the power range and its just a completely different bike now... also from personal expierence I would recommend using amsoil for the bike... I just switched to it and noticed a giant difference in the gear box.

D

Deleted member 438

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a map.

D

Deleted member 438

No problem, let me know how it works out for you.

jess24845030

attachment has come through thanks , have to find the time to get it sorted now , back out on the road for work now . :( thanks again

D

DJK1505

Take the time to research your PCV. All 5 models have the ability to do gear select map. Its simple to do and the gains are tremendous.

The air box mod is also a great benifit and both of them are basically free. You have the PCV, you might need a little wire and wire tap.

Dooms map is sick. You will like it!!!!!!

DJ

jess24845030

Take the time to research your PCV. All 5 models have the ability to do gear select map. Its simple to do and the gains are tremendous.

The air box mod is also a great benifit and both of them are basically free. You have the PCV, you might need a little wire and wire tap.

Dooms map is sick. You will like it!!!!!!

DJ

HI still waiting to get the system fitted next thursday is looking good at the moment , have been trying to find those smog plates over hear , we used to have a graves importer but can't seem to find anything now.

quick question what do you mean by this :- you might need a little wire and wire tap

can't wait to get it sorted , put the led blinkers on the other day its starting to look the part. :D

happy new year

D

DJK1505

If you can not get the smog plates, get vacum caps, take the whole AIS system off, put the cavum caps on the intake ports on top of your head, and call it a day. Mine has been like this for two years and no problems. Cost is about 3 bucks, out here we can get the vacum caps from any auto parts store.

You have to tap into your speed sensor under your tank on your bike, in order for the gear select to work. I do not remember if it came with enough wire to run to the speed sensor or not. So you might need some 18 gauge wire to run from the PCV to the speed sensor. There are quite a few write ups on it online. I will look for a few and post a link if I get time this AM.

DJ

F

Fazed

HI still waiting to get the system fitted next thursday is looking good at the moment , have been trying to find those smog plates over hear , we used to have a graves importer but can't seem to find anything now.

Another way is to get 12mm dowel (I can't remember the exact size) and a hose clamp. Use about an inch of dowl and shove it down the pipe that goes from the AIS to the air box. Secure the dowel using the hose clamp around the outside of the pipe and reconnect the pipe to the airbox. If you have little fingers, while you have the airbox off, disconnect the 2 pin electrical connector to the AIS. This will get rid of the solenoid noise that you may or may not hear.

This way, if you have environmental nazi's where you live, it still looks stock and in working order.

rcs530

Hi everyone,

I also just received a PC5, I am planning to get the 8 to a dyno for a tune this coming summer. Unfortunately it is pretty cold in Wisconsin at the moment. If someone could provide me with a map in the meantime it would be greatly appreciated.

Engine mods include:

K&N filter
Air box mod coming soon
Akra slip on with gutted cat (no db killer)
smog plates

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Hi everyone,

I also just received a PC5, I am planning to get the 8 to a dyno for a tune this coming summer. Unfortunately it is pretty cold in Wisconsin at the moment. If someone could provide me with a map in the meantime it would be greatly appreciated.

Engine mods include:

K&N filter
Air box mod coming soon
Akra slip on with gutted cat (no db killer)
smog plates

Welcome! I'm sure someone here can help you out, there are several threads on maps. Someone in Wisconsin sure sells alot of z8's there sure is alot of you guy's

A Shafted Ninja

hey guys im a new user here and just picked up a 20012 fz8 and am looking for a map for my pc5 my mods are a k&n air filter and a two brother m2 slip on thanks alot

KingGibbs

Hi Dr_Doom

I am looking for a while to get a map for the fz8.
Would you please help me out?
In Germany isn´t any map existing!

I am sorry for my bad english

Regards

Spike82

pcv fz8 map... can you help me?

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a map.

hi Mr_Doom,

i have installed the new PCFC and i need a goodmap for my bike...

i have full exhaust and almost ready to make the airbox mod...

do you have the map for the pcv with almost my same configuration?

thanks

MotoZen

hi Mr_Doom,

i have installed the new PCFC and i need a goodmap for my bike...

i have full exhaust and almost ready to make the airbox mod...

do you have the map for the pcv with almost my same configuration?

thanks

I could be wrong, but I think Dr_Doom closed his practice here.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.