Post your 2015 riding gear!!

HeresMyMind

I ended up with some new high vis gear today because of how much I commute I wanted to be as safe as possible.

I ended up with an Icon Contra Mil Spec Jacket (I am in the Air Force so the milspec is always a plus)
and a HJC FG-17 helmet

-B

hjcfg17_force_helmet_rollover.jpgimages.jpeg

Bagman

The sad part about buying my Icon Overlord leather jacket (or any good leather jacket) 3 years ago is that the bloody thing will last forever. No real need to buy a new jacket until I have money burning a hole in my pocket, or I want a change of style/fashion. I do, however, really want to switch out my HJC CL-16 for a Shoei GT-AIR in the COG graphic. That'll be it for me this season. Maybe pick up some riding pants... just can never seem to find a pair that fits will well and has what I want for protection.

Pross84

LaZer Monaco carbon helmet
Alpine stars M1 gloves
Alpine stars mx 1 black shadow boots
Spent kind of a lot this winter but so far the new gear is awesome

LimitedEdition

Shoei GT Air Wanderer
Alpinestars Anaheim shoes
Alpinestars GP Pro leather jacket w/ Nucleon KR-2i Back Protector Insert
Still searching for reinforced jeans that fit well...

nightttime

Are pants protection important to everyone? Pants are the hardest for convenience when commuting on a bike.

Bagman

3 years in, I am still wearing jeans and still trying to find a pair of motorcycle pants that work for me. Sigh. I do want the knee and slide protection proper pants would offer, but you're right - they are impossible to choose for convenience when commuting.

HeresMyMind

I saw that, it looks sick. I just got this helmet this year, next year will probably be a carbon fiber race helmet

-B

nightttime

3 years in, I am still wearing jeans and still trying to find a pair of motorcycle pants that work for me. Sigh. I do want the knee and slide protection proper pants would offer, but you're right - they are impossible to choose for convenience when commuting.

+1 to getting what I mean lol. I bought a Joe Rocket pair of leather pants. Provided they fit properly (they seem great for a tall guy with bigger legs from lifting and being bigger lol) they should last me a long time.

J

jer

I'm still a fairly new rider after 20 months, at first I didn't know much as I bought gear here and there. I have figured out recently that my jacket actually didn't fit me properly and I just figured out that my helmet has never fit me properly, thanks Motorcycle Center! Revzilla videos are helpful with this. It is the 10th Anniversary this week of my former US Marine brother-in-law dying in a motorcycle accident locally at 35 yrs old. That, more than anything, caused me to upgrade some gear which led to me realizing I need pretty much all new gear due to sizing issues. At least I have stayed safe.028.jpgDSCN4095.jpg

Old Stuff:
Scorpion EXO 1100 Street Demon White/Black/Siver- awesome helmet, love the sun visor
Scorpion gloves- basic cheap ones
Cortech GX Air 3.0 Jacket
Cortech GX Air gloves
XElement Jeans- minimal knee padding and some stretch fabric for riding comfort- these shrunk after being washed and not dried so don't buy those
Alpinestars waterproof leather boots

New stuff:
Shoei GT-Air Solid White for safety (shipping from Revzilla now)
Scorpion Hat Trick II Waterproof Jacket- very comfortable and upgraded to CE Level 2 Sas Tec Back Protector
Alpinestars GP-Air Gloves- big upgrade in safety and flow lots of air
ADV Sport Willow Perforated Leather Pants- awesome fit and lots of protection

tout1jn

The GT-Air is a must. Awesome helmet. This year I've got:

GT Air - Matte Black
Speed and Strength - Speed Strong Textile Jacket
Sena 20s
Alpinestars Celer gloves

Need a good pair of riding shoes/boots. Don't know if I'll ever make the dive into riding pants. Usually just wear a sturdy pair of jeans.

npeifer2308

Icon Airmada 4 Horsemen
Icon Super Duty 4 Boots
Aplinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves
AGV Breeze Perforated Leather Jacket
Plain old Levi's for pants

J

jer

Been considering that helmet for a while now. I like it!

I first learned about it on here, I had to return my Medium White GT-Air and I am got the Large Red/White/Blue Inertia GT-Air. I took a pic of the new vs old one. Hoping to increase my visibility now that my other gear is solid black but I like the graphics so much better than the plain helmets. For anyone considering it, my head size says I need a medium but it is very tight to put on which keeps down noise. I got a massive headache for hours after trying to make the medium work, the large is comfortable and much more snug than my XL Scorpion EXO 1100 which was fitted wrong from day one.IMG_3361.jpg

Arai RXQ Helmet
Replay XD Mini 1080 camera
Belstaff H Jacket (Cool Days)
Dainese Airflux Jacket (Hot Days)
Dainese Guanto X-ILE Motorcycle Leather Gloves
Dainese Under Armor pants
Dainese Yamoto Pants
Spidi XPD XJ H2Out Boots
Kriega r20 Backpack

Added a Mirror Shield today. Cools down the face during these 100 degree temps we've had recently. Daughter wanted to try it out...