Phoenix/Scottsdale/Mesa ride on 11/27/2013

ssky0078

Hi all,

Myself and David323 are looking to plan a ride on 11/27 from either Mesa (power road & Thomas) up Bush Highway, then up to Payson or from Fountain Hills (Shea blvd and 87) to Payson. Then from Payson to Strawberry to Camp Verde and then back down to phoenix. I think total route is right around 225-250 miles. Probably leave around 10, have brunch in Payson, then make our way back home.

If anybody is interested post here or PM me and we'll hopefully have a great time.

View attachment 1089

Takdogg

Checking on the date

I assume you meant 1/27/13. What time you headed out? I live down near Queen Creek but work in Scottsdale. I've ridden up to Payson about a month ago, nice ride. Another ride thats pretty cool but short is the ride up to Tortilla Flats. Let me know what time your leaving and I'll see if I can make it out. Later, Cheers.

ssky0078

I assume you meant 1/27/13. What time you headed out? I live down near Queen Creek but work in Scottsdale. I've ridden up to Payson about a month ago, nice ride. Another ride thats pretty cool but short is the ride up to Tortilla Flats. Let me know what time your leaving and I'll see if I can make it out. Later, Cheers.

LOLOL, uhh I'm never going near Tortilla flats again unless I get a super-moto. I hit some gravel on the way back up and ended up going off the side of the road, almost off the side of the cliff. I've told people about the spot I went down and they were like ohh yeah, my buddy launched his gsxr600 off it or another guy lost his HD there.

It is pretty and short but not rideable for me and definitely not on the Fz1. Too much balls for too little traction.

You are correct it was 1/27/2013. I wonder if I copied and pasted that wrong on all 3 forums. hehe. We haven't set a firm time but morning between 9 and 10 will be my guess. Like to go up, eat somewhere and then make it back home early afternoon.

David is out by the Chandler/Gilbert border. There's a Chevron station at McDowell and Country Club (Beeline Hwy - 87) I've met people there before and headed up the beeline.

C

Camo

LOLOL, uhh I'm never going near Tortilla flats again unless I get a super-moto. I hit some gravel on the way back up and ended up going off the side of the road, almost off the side of the cliff. I've told people about the spot I went down and they were like ohh yeah, my buddy launched his gsxr600 off it or another guy lost his HD there.

It is pretty and short but not rideable for me and definitely not on the Fz1. Too much balls for too little traction.

You are correct it was 1/27/2013. I wonder if I copied and pasted that wrong on all 3 forums. hehe. We haven't set a firm time but morning between 9 and 10 will be my guess. Like to go up, eat somewhere and then make it back home early afternoon.

David is out by the Chandler/Gilbert border. There's a Chevron station at McDowell and Country Club (Beeline Hwy - 87) I've met people there before and headed up the beeline.
It sounds like the safest way to ride with you is to let you ride off, wait 10 minutes then ride and pick you up off the ground and call the tow truck:p

ssky0078

It sounds like the safest way to ride with you is to let you ride off, wait 10 minutes then ride and pick you up off the ground and call the tow truck:p

LOLOL, I know I'm actually thinking :confused: if I hang in the back, then I won't be as eager to sprint off in the lead. :D:D

And luckily both crashes I've been able to ride away from. That MSF school does giive you some strategies to minimize damage on a crash, hehehe.

I'll have you know that I'll have about 1000 miles in 2.5 weeks under my belt without incidence, so I don't just go full retard all the time now.