OH DEAR... A DEER!!!!!!!!

hypo

Riding out of the neighborhood this morning it seemed everyone was in a fog and unsure of how to pull out into traffic... I had to put my foot down three times for 1)guy backs his pickup truck halfway into the road and then stops when he sees me, but he's already blocking traffic and theres an oncoming car. 2) pulling out onto the main drag to the highway, the lady across the road waves me forward, but then hesitates forward (so I stop cuz I'm not going head on with her) then stops, then goes then stops again. 3) best one: a car pulls out in front of me, realizes he did it too late so floors it to keep me from running into him or to not make me so mad, but then about 100 yards down the road slams on his brakes for 4 deer to cross the road, but they are all skittish and scared, and suddenly its not 4 deer, but maybe two or three groups of deer, running back and forth along the side of the road trapped by a fence (worst thing in the world is a scared deer running back and forth waiting to bolt across the road in front of you) that car stopped, luckily the lady behind me (Ms Hesitation) stopped because the road is pretty fast and I don't like getting enema checks this early in the morning. but then the problem was all the cars stopped moving and the deer stopped freaking out and just stood in the road and looked at us... "LIKE MOVE DEER!!" sheeeesh... I beeped, so front car starts rolling slowly forward towards the deer, panic deer to my right is staring at me so I waggle left and right in the lane at 5mph and he bolts across the road behind me, and once he goes, the others followed. must have been 6 or 8 deer there...

good thing that car pulled out in front of me; I've only seen one youtube video of a guy hitting a deer, and I've seen what deer can do to a car at speed.

FZ8Grid

Crazy shit bro.

Glad nothing more happened.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaSEOaJ5phY]‪FZ6 vs Deer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
FZ6 vs Deer

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I hit a kangaroo on my bike last year,destroyed the bike and laid me up for 6 weeks,would hate to hit a deer !

hypo

when I was on RAAF Darwin we took a long weekend out to Kakadu and then down to Alice Springs... those NO SPEED LIMIT SIGNS were AWESOME (except there was 5 jarheads in a toyota wagon trying to go faster than 80mph)...

and then we got passed by two 1100's like we were going backwards...

and THEN we watched about 10 roo's crossing the highway and the roof of our car came up to about where their forearms are, and they look like they weigh over 250lbs EACH...

did NOT want to hit one of them. Glad you're back on the road, mate!

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Yep,they are big buggas !
I will find some pics of what one did to my bike when I can.
Those speed limit signs dont exist now,130kph is the max in the territory now.

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Here's some pics of my bike after the roo impact,fone pics,so not that great.

Last edited: