No plate light with MD integrated tail light

esphoto

Hey everyone,

I just picked up a 2011 FZ8 the other week and have started to go though it and see what needs to be tasked since we still have snow up here and the bikes are all still hibernating.

The PO had installed a MD integrated tail light and while looking it over there doesn't seem to be a license plate light anywhere. I have yet to tear into it too much aside from taking the pillion seat off to start tracing wires. Did those of you who installed the tail light have to splice into the harness for a plate light or should there still be a connector to the factory harness?

I'm coming from an '89 Suzuki Katana which I had rebuilt from the frame up so I'm somewhat familiar with bikes, but the wiring is a whole lot simpler on the older ones.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

The plate light has separate connectors from the tail light and turn signals if I remember correctly, I would recommend looking at superbrightleds.com I think they have a weatherproof led pod that has 3m adhesive backing. Thats what cam with my tail tidy kit. I did no splicing for any of this, all just plug and play. Hope that helps!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

esphoto

Thanks wilson, that does help a bit. I guess I just have to dig a bit more underneath and find that connector.