Newbie initial review of fz8 2011

Ferret

hi to everyone ,just thought I would give my initial thoughts on the Fz . I have had many many machines of various moulds and models over the years to make a comparison. Firstly I must say it rides far nicer with the wife on the back as I t preloads the suspension better and removes the bounce out on our crap roads .It handles very nicely and feels a lot lighter than it actually is . The build quality is very good as the one fastners are all in place and and the bike could easily clean up and pass as new . I have done 1000 miles on it so far and here is my few negatives . The suspension is not really up to the job asnd I agree with the majority of posters on this . The throttle is very jerky ( sensitive ) so I have adjusted style to suit . The gear up changing was initially quite clunky but again I have changed my style to just snick it in with minimal forced movement . One thing that is surprising is how much vibration can be felt considering it's all rubber mounted. The motor always feels like it needs another gear when cruising along but feels like it needs 2 extra teeth on the rear. For better drive out of the corners without needing to cog swap as much . Overall I think it's a great bike and very underrated as it can do all that's really needed .oh I nearly forgot it's a very thirsty machine 35 mpg average mixed riding including some pillion . So I always mod bikes to suit me better as I now tend to keep them longer so here goes Ecu flash and have it mapped and possiably a quick shifter to make it overall smoother . Cat to go and so is the noisy akra end can ( can irritates me and passengers 5k rpm awful ) . Gel seats with leather covering anti slip on pillion and probably a form of progressive spring set for the suspension .
All recomendations welcome

Bagman

Nothing like a posting a review 5 years too late, and on a forum that is filled with people who already own the bike.