Newbie FZ8n owner

Mikz86ta

Hello, I am Michel and new here. Just purchased my FZ8n 3 months ago in Jacksonville Florida. I love it! The previous owner had done some mods to it which were good buying bonuses for me. I found out after purchasing it, there was even more mods than I knew of. I bought it from a dealer, so it was a trade-in. I spoke to the ex-owner briefly before I bought it as he just happened to show up there checking on his new ride. I've done a ton of research on FZ8's, as my original plan was to buy a FZ-09. I later stumbled across my bikes' previous owner's profile here. So the bike some may already be aware of. Beefcake Morris is the old owner.
Enjoying my time on it so far and already done a few mods myself.
It had already.....2 Bros Black Series exh, ais eliminated, PCV, K&N, Rimoza sliders (removed and added OEM Yamaha FZ8 sliders), Rimoza signals, R&G fender eliminated, integrated tail lamp, Luimoto seat, OEM Yamaha seat cowl, Road Pilot 3's, nice mirrors R1 rear shock, and a few other things.

I added .....HID headlamps, progrips, wheel stripes, rear fairing decals, security, painted rear pegs black and some accent stripes.

Planned.......shortly exhaust so I can remove rear pegs and brackets when I want, lower handlebars, lowered the front forks already, unsure about a fork spring/valve upgrade, radiator guard, and a few personal details.

IMAG0589.jpg

Teslank

nice!

i think that the best next upgrade is the forks! buy some racetech springs to your weight, and replace the oil weight accordingly!

if you can find some FZ1 forks internals, they are drop in!

you already have the rear shock, thats for your ass safety loll, next forks are for quality riding/steering

Mikz86ta

Thanks!
I am unsure if he did the forks. I seen a post here he (original owner) mentioned that he was going to do the forks spring swap. Not certain if he did. I am 5'11" and 180lbs.
I am looking at lower handlebars.....seen the renthal street fighter ones but maybe some CR-low or even clip-ons. I lowered the front forks, so if I do clip-ons, I can do them on top of the triple tree. Price IS a factor for me.
nice!

i think that the best next upgrade is the forks! buy some racetech springs to your weight, and replace the oil weight accordingly!

if you can find some FZ1 forks internals, they are drop in!

you already have the rear shock, thats for your ass safety loll, next forks are for quality riding/steering

Teslank

2011 dont have any adjustments, and springs are really too smooth, even for your weight

i suggest fz1 internal swap, most of the time they come with the fz1 springs, wich are stronger than fz8,

then you have adjustments at least :)

check on fz1 forums, they often go for a R1 forks swap, and sell the originals one (for R1 swap you need the front wheel and the calipers and other hardware)