Newbie from maine.

Loganvass

Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2011 fz8, and it is my first sport bike.
Come from a 1900cc yamaha roadliner feel little weird, feels like I am doing engine braking every time i shift. I need to get used to rpm.
Is anything should I be were of it?
Thank you.

Gem rod

Welcome to the forum.

Check out this and be aware of it (Rear suspension arm failures).

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-gene...ear-suspension-arm-failures*-please-read.html

Also gear levers have been known to shear. Apart from that the rest can chalked up to normal failures and good or bad luck as with any model.

It is my belief that the bikes that Yamaha introduced to replace this model (MT series) are more complex and offer no real benefits. They would have been better to have kept the FZ8 and FZ8S (Faired Version) and just carried out refinements and upgrades. But who am I to make such a controversial statement?

That is my way of saying that you have a great under-rated bike.

rodolphestpreux

Welcome and enjoy the fz8. The rear suspension arm failure is something you should keep your eyes on all the time. I went through the link Gem rod post and its scary how that arm can bent. I just checked mines and its scrapping on the right side. Im the second owner of this bike purchased from the stealership so i do not know if the arm was replaced before.

IMG_20160725_122240[1].jpg