Newb from Bama

Maddog

Just bought my 2011 FZ8 about 2 months ago with 7600 miles on it. Bikes go up for sale around here when the weather gets cold (50 degrees is cold to me! for riding anyway) so I got her fairly cheap. It already had a Yoshimura R-77 carbon on it but no other mods. Since purchase I have added a PCV with O2 opt, K&N air filter, Iridium plugs, blocked AIS (graves plates are on the way).

When I got the bike I noticed a lugging during decel at low RPM's, felt like it was in too low of a gear and was lugging the motor. Not being familiar with these type of bikes (had cruisers in the past) I wasn't sure if it was a characteristic of this type or what. After some research, I gathered that the AIS could be the culprit. I plugged it off and lugging was gone! And then.....the modding begins! I just downloaded the Jumbo map that has gotten so much praise over the years. His setup is an exact match for mine but with different atmospheric conditions. I figure this is a good starting point, regardless.

I would really like to get the Graves full exhaust system but it seems that it has been discontinued. Anyone know where to find this setup? Or has anyone removed the catalytic converter and installed the wide band O2 sensor and autotune? if so, where did you locate the O2 sensor that comes with the autotune?