New Owner Today

gcollier

I just bought a new 2013 FZ8 today and I am trying to get feed back on what's the windshield to get. I don't want one that's to high but want one that's very functional.

Sinooch

welcome to the forum. Im not speaking from experience cuz I really don't really care much about the way they look on our bikes, but if I was to get one then I would get the puig windscreen.

Larry P

Who buys a naked bike and then buys a windshield :p Simply put you won't find a "functional" one besides one that might move air from your chest to your shoulders. It will effect your steering at higher speeds as well.

gcollier

Larry, that's what I am looking for. Move the air up higher but your saying that might affect the bikes performance?

Larry P

I noticed it on the interstate straight away. Around town I don't notice wind at all with or without the screen. I tried the puig screen but the bars felt shakier than I was comfortable riding with. Only did it at maybe 65+ mph. I can't add anything about the givi but I can't imagine it's much better. The screens are so small they really aren't doing much. I think it's just for flair to spice up the boring gray cowl we have. Maybe try to do a euro FZ8 faired conversion? That's probably the only significant wind protection I could even think of. It's mostly a joke though because it would cost thousands and I don't even know if it would convert to the US chassis. My advice: Embrace the wind! I did a nice jaunt for 2 hours or so today at 60-70 and while a faired/shielded bike would make it "easier" to ride I still prefer the naked layout of just being open. I did wick it up to maybe 110 the other day (totally on a closed course) and bars were being fidgety about the speed. Not pleasant but I've had her up to indicated 150 (off by 10 I'm sure at that point) and felt about the same.

Rhyno54

new fz8 owner as well

I just recently purchased a used 2011 fz8 yesterday at a local Yamaha dealership. It came with a wind screen, tank pad, tank grips, frame sliders and a two brothers slip-on exhaust, It's my first street bike and haven't ridden it yet. I don't no what brand wind screen it has but I will post asap. I paid $6400 -tax and license, it had only 6450 miles on it, was it a good deal? any feedback is much appreciated. In CA the dealership has put on another 1000 miles before I can take possession. I just joined this forum today and wanted to say hello