New memeber here owning a fz8 2012

rodolphestpreux

HI all!!! I spent some time reading throughout this forum and it seems like no one is around any more. prove me wrong ;);););););)

A little about myself, first bike was 2015 suzuki gsx s750 (rip). Had it for about 2 months. smacked into a coca cola truck while crossing an intersection, truck driver(oncoming traffic) turned left as soon as I got to the intersection. His fault for not giving me right of way. Put me out of commission for about a month (still doing therapy for my wrist but at least I can ride now); bike totaled by insurance. Since the bank still had their paws on my baby, they took most of the money and left me with pocket change. Luckly the down payment was enough to put me above water in value terms and enough money to get another bike; still the bank has their hairy paws on this one too so im at their mercy of i get hit again:eek::eek: Always put a good down payment on a vehicle your financing, it will help in the unlikely situation you crash it. In my case in didnt even hit 90 days of ownership.

2012 fz8 (7444 miles out the dealer) not long ago, maybe about 2 weeks now. This bike is great, I've had fun with it since I've owned it. Theres some weird things about it that im not to sure on. I will have it inspected by another dealer tomorrow because I feel like the dealer I purchased it from did not do any inspection before selling it to me. And they might just lie their ass off if I bring these problems to them.
1. one morning after about an 30minutes of practice in a parking lot, bike stalled on me and i tried starting it and it was a no go. I did every check, after 20 minutes of trying to start it I eventually just pushed start it on a hill in the parking lot (had enough momentum), pop the clutch and I was golden. Brought it to the dealer and he claimed it was a battery problem (which was weird to me because everything turned on electricly, it just kept doing a loud buzz sound when i tried to start it, it wouldnt turn over at all. But in any case im hawking it for a while
2. one morning my brother was riding it around in the parking lot, it just made a weird sound like when your on your bicycle chain is all dried up. Called a friend and he said it could be that because his yamaha did that until he lubed it. The chain doesnt look dry but it doesnt look like its moist with oil neither. So ima have the dealer lube it while its there tomorrow.
3. I cant really explain it but when im off the throttle the engine or trans just make this weird noise like metal are just having a blast hitting each other in there. Its hard to explain.
told my friend about it and he said, "well yamahas trans arent as smooth as your gsx s750(rip) but when in the powerband its great and smooth." He cant be certain, he will ride it when he's free at some point to see what im talking about. He just sold his fz6r so he can only compare it to that.
4. forgot to put this in lol. I noticed one day it was hot as ballz. Bike was riding all day.I would say about 6hrs total and maybe just an hour of rest. I came home and the fan was on (normal) but only 1 was spinning (weird?). The right fan only was spinning and the left was just laying there dead, temp was around 199-200+ not sure how high it was. so I turned the bike off and turn it back on to acc. still the right fan was moving boldly but the left just laid there.
Came on this forum, did some reading and found that only one can kick on but both should kick on when its over 200 Fahrenheit, i was only able to find one thread though. But also found that if I spin it with hand it should spin freely, went on my bike tried spinning it freely and it barely moved, kind of like its being held back.
BTW this bike has scratches on it (normal waire and taire) but the rad was scratched as well. looked like it was dropped on its left side. Salesman said it was dropped in the parking lot of last owners garage. Thats what they all said.
I told him to make sure everything was working before I buy it especially the rad, I had it there for about a week before I closed the deal. smh
but 2 days later my bike wouldnt start smh problem 1.

If anyone is reading this, message me so i can know that someone is still in this forum:) and a welcome :welcome: hehehe and if my speculations are just me being a bit to cautious. Thanks

Last edited:

Mikz86ta

Welcome to the forum.
Not a ton of people still here.
As for help.....both fans to my knowledge work at same time. Both mine so. I'm sure one motor is bad.
Chain noise....check proper play and adjust.