NEW MEMBER - NORTHERN IL

jointbeaker

Hey FZ8 people -

I'm relatively new to sportbikes...Started riding at 15 on my dads old mid 80s Honda Silverwing, and been hooked since.

I had a nice internship in college, and that paid for a cruise, a brand new 2005 V-Star 1100. I've still got the bike, and it looks like this now:

About two years ago now, I was browsing local craigslist, and ended up buying a Gen1 FZ1. Guess which bike I ride all the time now...

This is how it looked when I bought it. A bit of rash, front fairing cracked, and a small ding in the tank. I've got new-in-box factory parts to replace those, which came with the sale.

I've since added a few items to it. A few different wind screens, and turns out I like a stock cut down screen best. I've got a Corbin seat I got for a steal from a buddy, a Sargent seat that needs to be sent back to Sargent because the seat pan cracked, a custom seat redone by a regular user on FZ1OA, and a spare stock seat.

Added a MIVV slipon, and some Greggs Custom Mirror block off plates, and made my own LED signal adapter plates. I put on some LED signals this winter, as well as a fender eliminator.

Spent a bit of money so far, apparently. heh.

Here's how it sits today:

Finished getting a R1 front end swap done last week, and loving it so far.

I'd love to be able to find some used FZ8 risers. Is there any sort of wait period before you can make a post in the for sale forum?

Cheers.