New Member for Louisville, KY

InkedInspector

Hello everyone, my name is Travis, I'm from Louisville, KY. I am new to the motorcycle world, but I have wanted one for a long time. I currently drive a 2013 Mazdaspeed3 (MPS 3 for all y'all that are international), I moderate the largest Mazdaspeed forum out there, but I digress. Being a novice, I have set myself up for a MSF Basic Rider Course next month. I have purchased safety gear, just picked up a Shoei RF-1200, gloves, etc. After that I plan to buy my friends 2012 FZ8 that he graciously offered me with a friend price. $4500 for a 2012 with 7k miles in like-new condition with a fresh bill of health from the local yamaha dealer, tossing in some extras such as stands and so forth. Seemed like a great deal to me. I know it's a lot of bike for a newbie, but I also know that I am no longer a testosterone fueled 20 year old any longer and I trust myself to have restraint. Just figured I'd sign up, see who all else was out there and read up on any known issues with the platform. Happy Riding!

Faraz

Hello everyone, my name is Travis, I'm from Louisville, KY. I am new to the motorcycle world, but I have wanted one for a long time. I currently drive a 2013 Mazdaspeed3 (MPS 3 for all y'all that are international), I moderate the largest Mazdaspeed forum out there, but I digress. Being a novice, I have set myself up for a MSF Basic Rider Course next month. I have purchased safety gear, just picked up a Shoei RF-1200, gloves, etc. After that I plan to buy my friends 2012 FZ8 that he graciously offered me with a friend price. $4500 for a 2012 with 7k miles in like-new condition with a fresh bill of health from the local yamaha dealer, tossing in some extras such as stands and so forth. Seemed like a great deal to me. I know it's a lot of bike for a newbie, but I also know that I am no longer a testosterone fueled 20 year old any longer and I trust myself to have restraint. Just figured I'd sign up, see who all else was out there and read up on any known issues with the platform. Happy Riding!

Hope you buy it soon & experience the freedom and thrill of being on two wheels. I got the FZ8 last year - bought it from New Jersey - and have been riding it to work regularly, doing weekend runs to the hills and two long distance tours so far. I live in Islamabad Pakistan and carry on the maintenance work myself as there are no authorised Yamaha Dealerships/ Workshops here. I would definitely recommend the platform. Easy to live with, great on twisties and also open roads. The things with such bikes is that if you treat them with the respect they deserve - they don't mess with you.

InkedInspector

Well, I guess it's time I post a follow-up, I took the MSF course, got my motorcycle license and went forward with the purchase. I've been riding the bike a little over a month now. Since I bought it, I have put new Michelin Pilot Road 4s on front and rear, and replaced the battery. The bike is a blast, I'm cruising up the North Carolina coast with it this weekend.

Mikz86ta

Well, I guess it's time I post a follow-up, I took the MSF course, got my motorcycle license and went forward with the purchase. I've been riding the bike a little over a month now. Since I bought it, I have put new Michelin Pilot Road 4s on front and rear, and replaced the battery. The bike is a blast, I'm cruising up the North Carolina coast with it this weekend.

Welcome!
My first bike was my FZ8. In mature hands, there is no bike that's too much for a newbie. You will love those tires. And that's a hell of a deal on that bike.
Enjoy

InkedInspector

I have loved the new tires, bike just feels so much more stable and generally inspires confidence. I won't hold anything against bridgestones, the tires that were on it were pretty squared off. Bike was from Oklahoma, not many corners there. Bought a Kriega US20 tail bag as well.

RIMG0670.jpgRIMG0665.jpg