New member and FZ8 owner

Ivy33

Hello everyone. I'm the happy new owner of an FZ8! :D

I'm hoping I'll learn a lot here and will be able to share a lot also!

hypo

rock on! what part of MD? I used to ride through western MD a lot going out to Deep Creek on Rt 50... great twisties through the mountains up there!

Ivy33

Thanks all. I'm loving the FZ8

rock on! what part of MD? I used to ride through western MD a lot going out to Deep Creek on Rt 50... great twisties through the mountains up there!

I live in Silver Spring. I'll have to check out Rt 50 near Deep Creek! :D

hypo

I grew up in Bethesda, and the last time I went through the neighborhood most of the streets had been blocked off. :)

if you ever decide to ride out to deep creek, take the toll road to the airport (dulles), go out the back side by the rental cars and take old ox road (606) south to 50 and go west... you'll buzz through some cute little towns and then from Winchester on you get little dips and long sweepers as you slowly close in on the mountain twisties. Great ride. I think it took us about 4 hours or so... but a decent ride.

another great ride is skyline drive (again, kinda far away down 66 west) or the free ride that runs alongside skyline (more twisties). here's the website I used for finding decent rides: Virginia Motorcycle Roads & Trips - Best Virginia Motorcycle Rides & Routes

the free ride down Fort Valley Road / Route 678 is a nice twistie one too. (just before Strasburg, VA)

Last edited:

Ivy33

I grew up in Bethesda, and the last time I went through the neighborhood most of the streets had been blocked off. :)

if you ever decide to ride out to deep creek, take the toll road to the airport (dulles), go out the back side by the rental cars and take old ox road (606) south to 50 and go west... you'll buzz through some cute little towns and then from Winchester on you get little dips and long sweepers as you slowly close in on the mountain twisties. Great ride. I think it took us about 4 hours or so... but a decent ride.

another great ride is skyline drive (again, kinda far away down 66 west) or the free ride that runs alongside skyline (more twisties). here's the website I used for finding decent rides: Virginia Motorcycle Roads & Trips - Best Virginia Motorcycle Rides & Routes

the free ride down Fort Valley Road / Route 678 is a nice twistie one too. (just before Strasburg, VA)

Thanks! Now I know of a couple of great rides I'll be doing over the next month or two!