New Guy, First bike.

F3NIX

First of all Thank you for your service in the military! Secondly you will love the R77 and PC5. They made a hyge difference in sound and performance on my bike. I have the carbon fiber R77 and it looks great (see my profile pics). I have also done a fender eliminator kit, rear leds of my own and flush mount fronts. I changed out the original levers for pazzos and added crg arrow bar ends. Im gonna do the suspension and seats next. This forum has helped me every step of the way and if you need info on anything i mentioned here hit me up. Good luck and have fun!

Umyaya

Thanks for the advice im looking at the street box now and gonna weight the options but looks like a nice replacement for the stock pieces. Reading different threads has me making a Christmas list that im sure my credit card wont like but my bike will. Ive also decided to get a PCV(power commander 5) just because im still in the tuning and add on stage. and everytime you add something new you have to reflash your ECU. might as well save money and just get the PCV and Autotune.

Send your ECU in for a reflash.

Umyaya

I'm thinking of getting a PCV with an autotune for now whIle I add thibgs then when im done nodding do the ecu flash

I had that before the ecu flash and regret it heavily. Flash is much cheaper. Also with the Autotune you need to know what you are doing with it or it is pointless. Which I learned from the guys on the other site! It also was somewhat difficult to resell them since everyone is flashing.

What parts are you waiting for? Didn't you buy that Yoshi exhaust?
K and N filter is like 50 bucks...
Airbox mod is free
Blocking AIS is free...

Bam . Flash it with the Jumbo map from Doom or TJ! Throw the R6 throttle tube on later (has no effect on engine or flash obv)

SilverSlugger00

yes i have the yoshi. I never knew the price for the filter but i will probably buy one this week. The AIS mod and blocking AIS i need to do when I get a dremel. wait dont AIS block off plates cost?

Keach

If you get the flash I'm not sure id even worry about blocking off the AIS. The flash disables it anyway. You could also leave the system in place and shove something in the hose to the ais that leaves the bottom of the airbox. A wire nut works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSlugger00

yeah if the system is more of a hassle i might just take it out and buy block off plates. I bought the throttle tube, dremel, k&n filter, and R&G exhaust protecor. So yeah stacking up everything so i can have a day or weekend all about bike modification.

Umyaya

Ya graves. Is cheap. Those mods you have are all pretty straight forward. Should be a fast and easy install.

BigD

yeah if the system is more of a hassle i might just take it out and buy block off plates. I bought the throttle tube, dremel, k&n filter, and R&G exhaust protecor. So yeah stacking up everything so i can have a day or weekend all about bike modification.
Rear shock and front suspension internals over rear sets for sure! Throttle tube, slip on and fender eliminator

Umyaya

Very easy. I wouldn't cut the entire bottom of the airbox out like I did... I think the hardest part was just the tedious screws to get to the airbox or take out the velocity stacks.. .make sure you have long allen wrenches. Since the airbox is out you might as well send your ECU for a flash since you are right there. For the AIS removal all you need to do is unscrew the top radiator bolts and it will drop down.. It is a tight squeeze but you will be able to unscrew the stock plates and pull the system out.. Then you will put on the new block off plates and attach the rubber nipple they give you to the airbox where the hose was.