New FZ owner

SAFZ

Bought my 2012 FZ8 used with 6200 mi. Just changed the oil and waiting for my Pilot 3 road tires to come in the mail. I upgraded from a 2008 FZ6, which was fun but I wanted to try out the naked bike with more power. So far I love it, and it definitely rides differently. Looking for ward to adding some shorty levers and a two bros exhaust.

tiki

Welcome! The 8 was an upgrade for me also. I wish we had riding weather up here.....dammit.

SAFZ

Vibration and Clutch issue

I took her out for my first real ride yesterday. I noticed a strong vibration at 5000 rpm running through the bars and seat. Is this normal? Also coming from my fz6 I always used 2 fingers on clutch and brake. When I tried it on my fz8, if I didn't pull the clutch in all the way, it would not go into the next gear. Do I have to adjust the clutch and how?

Umyaya

Start by pre loading the shifter. Also check your clutch freeplay by adjusting the knob that is by the clutch handle. It will spin. If this doesn't help you will have to go down on the right side of the engine and adjust the clutch from there...I notice that the fz8 clutches engage right away. Meaning you probably want it to catch further out if you are having this issue. Make sure their is clutch freeplay so you don't burn your clutch out.