New from S.E. Wisconsin

Para-327th

Hey everyone, been riding for about 20 years and am thinking about trading in the R1 for an FZ8. From what I've learned so far, it seems to be the right one for me at this stage in my riding career. The R1 is too sporty for my beat up body but I'm not ready to move to a cruiser yet.

This seems like an informative forum with good members. I am looking forward to learning what I can and getting to know everyone.

Thanks

C

Camo

If you're shopping on a budget, buy an FZ8 and allow change enough to upgrade the suspension and tires.
The FZ8 is a great bike if you're looking for everyday ride-ability but needs a few bucks thrown at it if you plan to push in the tight stuff. About 2-3k extra if you upgrade front and back.
Bone stock, It's well behaved and comfortable when needed but can put a smile on your face when you keep it high in the rev range... is a bit prone to a wobble or two and a hefty bounce in the rear if it's a bit bumpy and you're hustling.

If money is no issue, spend up and buy the all new Speed Triple R... Light weight, Brembo and Ohlins all round + plenty of punch. Not a pretty machine but is the business and it's ergo's are as good as the FZ8's.

Oh and welcome :)

D

Deleted member 438

Welcome!!! I hope you pick up an fz8. Pm me if you're up for a ride---I love stopping at the brat stop in kenosha.

Wieb27

Hello from a fellow S.E. Wisconsin rider as well. I also went from a 2009 R1 to my new 2011 FZ8. Comfortable bike. Still get the sportbike feel but far less power. Would have to say more useable power on the street though.

Do it, you won't be sorry!

Where are you at? Southern Sheboygan County here....

Para-327th

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. The deal might go down as soon as Wednesday afternoon, I'll let you all know and hopefully post pics of the new ride. :)

Wieb27

I'm in Waukesha at the moment, planning on listing the house and moving back to the Denver, CO area as soon as things work out.

I work on the north side of Milwaukee. I have a 76 mile round trip commute from home to work. Much better on the FZ8 compared to my last two R1s. I will say, my rear gets a little sore on the seat after a while though. I can live with a little though. If you want pure comfort, get a cruiser.

Just a note.....there aren't near as many aftermarket things for the FZ8 as there were for the R1.

Para-327th

Pulled the trigger today. 2011 FZ8 Raven with 184 miles on it.

First impression was how much lighter it feels. Then I noticed that some of the ponies I usually have available must have escaped, even just accelerating like normal I noticed it.

Then I noticed the more comfortable position and a bit more wind in the chest than I am used to. Feeling a little after buyers remorse at losing my old R1 but also excitement for the new ride. Looking forward to getting some miles on it this weekend.

Added some pics to my garage Yamaha FZ8 Forums - International FZ8 Motorcycle Community Forum - Para-327th's Album: Bikes