New bike...mapping question.

Laniac03

Just purchased a 12 fz8 with some basic mods...undertail eliminator, integrated blinkers in taillight, danmoto gp slip on, asv levers,and bar end mirrors. I think that's everything that I noticed. Is there a way to know if it's been remapped ? I plan to open it up to see if there's a power commander but wasn't sure if there was a way to know abt the map. Also is anyone has any mod preferences that they would add let me know! Thanks!

Fred'Z8

If it was sent to Don Guhl the ECU will be marked. Not sure what other companies do. A power commander will only change the fueling. If you really want the bike to run like it should you need to send it off for a reflash. This will eliminate the lower gear throttle restrictions, top speed restriction, adjust ignition timing, and adjust fueling without having to run a piggy back unit.

Laniac03

OK thanks...I was checking out different mapping options...what does he charge to flash? Does if I was going to check out different slip on some should I wait or will that not be affected too much since it's stock headers?