Never mind cold feet, my fingers are frozen!

dart1963

Super Moderator
My new Dianese's are goretex and supposedly wind/waterproof, but I'm not really convinced.

Are the heated grips not enough? or are they heating only the insides of your hands and the backs are still getting cold?

I'm seriously considering putting the new gloves on ebay and just getting a pair of gerbings.

they work well, but the second you take a hand off (lift fingers to shift or brake), the heat is gone and takes a bit to come back. I was looking at maybe adding them to help with that, but it may not. The lowest it's gotten to over the last few weeks was 34... the grips worked great for my 40 or so minute commute.

9 Lives

My new Dianese's are goretex and supposedly wind/waterproof, but I'm not really convinced.

Are the heated grips not enough? or are they heating only the insides of your hands and the backs are still getting cold?

I'm seriously considering putting the new gloves on ebay and just getting a pair of gerbings.

Heated grips should work fine, they keep my hands nice and warm on my sled at -40C at well over 60MPH and I normally have to turn the grips to the low setting after riding for a while. You do need to wear winter gloves, I wear ski gloves that I bought from Costco for $20, they have enough dexterity and are plenty warm with the heated grips, they have quite a bit of insulation on the outside of the fingers.

MotoZen

Genuine Yamaha heated grips work fantastic and I ride all year round

According to the website, those grips are over $400 USD for the cheaper set. :eek:

Thanks for the tip, but I'll try my luck with something cheaper first. I find it hard to believe that they work that much better than some of the other brands to be worth the price difference. Either way, I can't afford them.

blues hurler

I use some Triumph gloves I got on sale. They aren't too thick and hard to manage, with Oxford heated grips. Heated grips are amazing and have several heat settings. Love them!