Needing some new duds

highoctane

Canyon Carver
As of today I dont have a riding jacket. I am wanting a textile/mesh type with armour. my wife doesnt know she is buying me this for x-mas yet. From what i've seen in the local stores there are quite a few different brands. I like the joe rocket line but are there others I should look at?
What do you wear?

trixster8

I've been wearing a Scorpion Burnout jacket for a couple years and love it. It's a textile jacket with all the armor, has plenty of zipper vents for warm weather, and a full long sleeve liner for cold weather. I also have an Icon Hooligan mesh jacket, which has a ton of air flow and is great for hot weather, but the armor slides around a lot and wouldn't protect much in an accident.

In my opinion, I think it depends on where you spend most of your time riding. If you're in town a lot, low speed and traffic lights, a mesh jacket is nice in warmer weather. But if you're out of town at higher speeds and less stops, a textile jacket is great, they're versatile in both warm and cold weather

Last edited:

kbrink

My wife and I have been wearing Joe Rocket "ballistic" mesh/textile jackets for the last 10 years! These jackets are comfortable & very durable, we have had no seam or zipper issues at all. Very good riding jackets for the price!! :tup:

D

Deleted member 438

Dainese Air 2 Tex is what I wear when it's warm and I also have a Dainese Santa Monica for cooler days.

ZIA_Zen

For warmer weather, I wear a Shift Air Avenger Jacket and Shift Hybrid X Gloves.

Last month, for winter, I purchased an ICON Patrol Jacket and ICON Patrol Gloves. My morning commute is in the 30F range. The Patrol line has been warm and is wind/waterproof.

I buy riding gear based on protection, weather, and comfort.

I purchased both Jackets and Gloves from Revzilla.com This site has great video reviews on most products.

hypo

I have three jackets. Leather, textile, and mesh... and I only bought the mesh jacket because I moved to Texas and the textile worked ok, except the temperature is over 100 degrees for months at a time... :)

Joe Rocket Mesh for $151 : Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

only real complaint is at highway speeds, the wind will make the shoulders flap and slap sometimes, probably due to the low neckline... but it breathes really well, and I don't go anywhere without armor these days.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Trip Jet Black $135 : Power Trip Jet Black II Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

This jacket saw me through winters in Virginia as well as hot summers. The central vent down the zipper works really well and the fit and finish is great. great air control when you're all zipped up too. great fit. love this jacket. They make a mesh one as well. I really like the power trip lines.

Last edited:

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Thanks for all the ideas, I would like to buy online but im afraid it wont fit correctly. I am 6' 215 does anybody know if xl will fit ? I am sure sizes vary by mfgr. I guess it could be good motivation to loose some weight:D

hypo

Thanks for all the ideas, I would like to buy online but im afraid it wont fit correctly. I am 6' 215 does anybody know if xl will fit ? I am sure sizes vary by mfgr. I guess it could be good motivation to loose some weight:D

at motorcycle superstore I know people usually comment on the sizing in the reviews of the jackets, and the way my wife and I do it, is when in doubt, order 2 of them. They have FREE RETURNS, you just lose about 6 bucks to ship it back to them. Last Christmas we put about $1200 on the credit card for a few jacket choices for her, and various items. She picked out her jacket and we shipped the box back with anything we didn't want to keep.

C

Camo

Most of the gear has a fitment guide on the Revzilla website..It pays to get a tape and measure yourself, they also have a video on how to do this correctly..
Write the measurements down so that when you find what you like, you can check for your size. I'm 6'4 115kg's and I find plenty to fit me as long as I check the sizing guide and read the reviews. If in doubt I email them and they are very knowledgeable.