Need help ASAP with connecting battery!!! I need the bike for work in a couple of hours

Geanmage13

Heys guys i really need your help here!!! I got my new battery a couple of hours ago and i need to replace the old one... there is one big problem!!! IMAG0702.jpg

The battery that i unhooked had the red cable connected on the - sign and the black on the positive. I got the same exact battery and i though that the red should go with the red. and the black with the black.

So the pic had the new battery and obviously the red is by the black cable and vice versa. Do i connect it like it was or do it properly?! Im not sure the cables were meant to be that long...

Keach

Do NOT hook it up backwards. You need to hook up positive to positive negative to negative. If ur looking at ur picture grab the top of the battery with your left hand. Pull the battery out, and turn the battery over. Hopefully it will for in that spot on it's side. You should be able to reorient the nut inside the battery posts to hook up the cables properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackfin

Pull the battery out and re-orient it thusly:

Geanmage13

That's what i though too but its the same battery that was connected and i put it the same way the old one was. I havent connected it yet cause i dont know what to do. The way it's in my picture is the way it was connected and working since i bought it back in july 2013. To sum it up, it was connected wrong all these years...

Geanmage13

LOLWUT?!? Is this even possible for the motorbike to have even turned on with a battery connected incorrectly?

i took out the old one and i inserted the same model (a new one of course) the way the old one was.... and i realised it was connected the way it's in the pic!!! so i got stuck.. do i do it the same way cause it was obvioously working or go the right way?!

Bagman

Plain and simple: You must connect the positive wire lead to the positive terminal on the battery, and the negative wire lead to the negative terminal on the battery. I have never tried to reverse that, but I imagine if you did the bike would not start or would start to explode all its electrical components. Ergo, how you managed to have the battery connected incorrectly all that time and have the motorcycle work is, "LOLWUT!?!" worthy. :confused: :D

pjviitas

Heys guys i really need your help here!!! I got my new battery a couple of hours ago and i need to replace the old one... there is one big problem!!! View attachment 5855

The battery that i unhooked had the red cable connected on the - sign and the black on the positive. I got the same exact battery and i though that the red should go with the red. and the black with the black.

So the pic had the new battery and obviously the red is by the black cable and vice versa. Do i connect it like it was or do it properly?! Im not sure the cables were meant to be that long...

Ya the old battery was wrong too...take the one you just bought and bring it back...its the wrong one.