MotoGP round 4, LeMans

lothodon

Super Moderator
HOLY SHIT!

Rossi wanted that SO bad and Stoner nearly admit it too!!!

Spies had better pull some magic out of his ass or his ride is so gone.

matt73

That was a great battle between Stoner and Rossi. How dirty is Stoner with the MotoGP world. Good for him to be getting out. Sounds like he might be racing V8's over here soon.

C

Camo

HOLY SHIT!

Rossi wanted that SO bad and Stoner nearly admit it too!!!

Spies had better pull some magic out of his ass or his ride is so gone.
I actually just gone done watching it and will probably have a quick peak at Moto 2 & 3. I'm assuming they were good too.

The Stoner/Rossi Battle was good but I liked the fact Rossi fought off both Dovi & Crutchlow (who go on to throw those beautiful Tech3's down the track:eek:) so convincingly and managed to close up on the Aussie. It was a true show of determination for sure Lothodon.
The battle that took place was just a true clinic on how to plan in the wet while Lorenzo must have been putting on quiet a show of perfection in the wet, though I saw him round maybe 5 or 6 corners all race :scratch:

I also thought it was odd to see Pedrosa so far behind considering he owns a few of the Circuit records...Bradl again racing well and finishing well up in the points at a very respectable 5th.
I enjoyed it and I think the wet conditions added to the show...Shame the superbikes pulled the pin the other day in the wet.

That was a great battle between Stoner and Rossi. How dirty is Stoner with the MotoGP world. Good for him to be getting out. Sounds like he might be racing V8's over here soon.
It was good to see him talk so candidly and honestly about his reasons/feelings as to why he's retiring.
The way the local media has been pitching it, you'd think he was going to V8's as soon as he gets the last race of the motogp season out of the way. It's obvious that he just wants to have time away to live a normal life...And I'm sure there'd be no arguments that he's earned it.
He still looks to be giving his all to win another world title so I tip my hat to him and look forward to the challengers trying to take it away from him!

C

calscrazy

great stuff between rossi and stoner. i agree camo it would have been nice to see some more of lorenzo.

lothodon i think my guy spies will be out after the season. he should go back to wsbk. bayliss did it and that guy is one of all time favs.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i have to wonder about spies as there are no yamaha's in wsb superbike this year. not sure if he's under contract with yamaha another year or not, but he's just not motogp caliber this year. dovi or crutchlow will take his place i would imagine.

i loved that stoner was honest about ducati dumping him, but surprised he congratulate the team in the pit after the race.

i think pedrosa didn't have the weight (as he's SO light) when it came to braking and had to take a bit more to slow for the wet conditions. guessing of course.

C

calscrazy

spies' contract with yamaha is up at the end of the season. there is no yamahas in wsbk. i was thinking maybe a sykes or rea teammate. maybe yamaha goes back to wsbk. i just think his confidence in motogp is crushed. constantly fighting to get the bike the way he wants. sometimes it doesnt work out. bayliss and biaggi are proof that u can still be very successful.

C

Camo

Do you guys think he has the talent and maybe his head just isn't in the game this year?
His confidence in the bike looks shattered. Not sure that's the case but it certainly looks that way.

It'd be a shame to see him go back to the supers so soon... I'd like to see him regather himself and get on with business and fight at the top for a year or two.
There needs to be 5 or 6 guys in contention or it looses it's competitive entertainment value...You end up watching a battle for 6th or 7th or the like.

C

calscrazy

i think he has the talent. he has been on podiums and even won a race. that was last year and this is a different year. "what have you done for me lately"

jumb5150

Heres the link to the full race. No commercials either.

Dorna would NOT be happy with that link, had to remove, sorry. Dorna is EXTREMELY protective of their broadcasts.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Camo

I don't see Honda signing a rider who is already on a near world champion bike and who's unable to get anything out of it.

Would be different if he was just missing podiums but the guys mid field at this point.
I'd like to see Bradl or Crutchlow get the Honda ride next year.