Mods are ordered

beefcake morris

I can't wait untill they come in the mail. I will be posting picks soon!!!

Intergrated tail light
rideitmoto mirrors "dynamics style"
rizoma frame sliders
rizoma front tail light (led 77's)

Now I just need to figure out which fender elim to get. I wish could just find a simple one (DMP) like I did for my girl's FZ6r.

Evo tec
Graves
R&G

Ivy33

I can't wait untill they come in the mail. I will be posting picks soon!!!

Intergrated tail light
rideitmoto mirrors "dynamics style"
rizoma frame sliders
rizoma front tail light (led 77's)

Now I just need to figure out which fender elim to get. I wish could just find a simple one (DMP) like I did for my girl's FZ6r.

Evo tec
Graves
R&G

From what I've seen, the R&G and Evotech look the nicest. I'm planning to get an R&G soon. Do a search on the posts here. One of the users compared them both and went with the R&G, photos included.

Which mirrors on the rideitmoto site are the Dynamics style? Is it this one?

beefcake morris

From what I've seen, the R&G and Evotech look the nicest. I'm planning to get an R&G soon. Do a search on the posts here. One of the users compared them both and went with the R&G, photos included.

Which mirrors on the rideitmoto site are the Dynamics style? Is it this one?

Those are the exact mirrors I ordered. There are pictures of them up on the gallery.

Thanks for the advice, I did look at that post already and agree with R&G does look much better.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i did the compare of the tails. both the r&g and evotech are great. the r&g is more "tidy" than the evotech but the evotech is powdercoated while the r&g is not. both have a plate light and can mount factory turns.

if you want to see those mirrors installed it's the three photo's in my gallery.

Ivy33

i did the compare of the tails. both the r&g and evotech are great. the r&g is more "tidy" than the evotech but the evotech is powdercoated while the r&g is not. both have a plate light and can mount factory turns.

if you want to see those mirrors installed it's the three photo's in my gallery.

How do you like the Dynamics (replicas?) after using them a while? Are you still using them?

I saw the thread about mirrors and I just can't stomach the bar-end mirrors but I did like the Dynamics (and Circuits).

Speedo007

Dynamics are WAY better then the circuits. Seriously the circuits are for those that just want their bike to be legal, and not actually have functional mirrors. The Dynamics just look perfect on the bike, without compromising too much on functionality. Bar ends, sacrifice a lot on looks to give you a bit more visibility. By the way I tried them all on the Fz8 back to back.

lothodon

Super Moderator
well, i'm 6'4" so pretty much even with the stock mirrors my elbows are in the way. with the replicas that i have i just pull my elbow in to my side and the mirrors give me a perfect view, just like i did with the stock setup.

yes, still using them, wouldn't give them up for anything. i too don't care for the bar end mirrors as i like to remain as narrow as possible.

Ivy33

well, i'm 6'4" so pretty much even with the stock mirrors my elbows are in the way. with the replicas that i have i just pull my elbow in to my side and the mirrors give me a perfect view, just like i did with the stock setup.

yes, still using them, wouldn't give them up for anything. i too don't care for the bar end mirrors as i like to remain as narrow as possible.

I'm about to order the Dynamics replicas and I think I may try some mirror extenders on it too. Just to see if it will remove the elbow interference. I'll keep you posted.

beefcake morris

Got the mirrors and I got the left side on no problems. The right side is posing a problem. The treads on the nut spacer and the replacement mirror bolts are different than the mount on the handle bars. Now what is weird the mirrors came with 3 replacement bolts, each one fits on the left side no problems.

Last edited:

beefcake morris

Well it looks like I am going to cut open the stock mirror to get the bolt that fits into the mount on the handle bars. Oh well.

Got the mirrors and I got the left side on no problems. The right side is posing a problem. The treads on the nut spacer and the replacement mirror bolts are different than the mount on the handle bars. Now what is weird the mirrors came with 3 replacement bolts, each one fits on the left side no problems.

lothodon

Super Moderator
the three bolts you got should have been two for the left and one reverse thread for the right. sucks you got hosed. i've never found a reverse thread (or a need for one) bolt locally.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i really have to wonder why they (yamaha) felt the need to have a reverse threaded mounting system in the first place. i get that the wind "could" loosen the right mirror but a little locktite or a locking washer should take care of that.

beefcake morris

You don't happen to have a spare bolt from your kit.

i really have to wonder why they (yamaha) felt the need to have a reverse threaded mounting system in the first place. i get that the wind "could" loosen the right mirror but a little locktite or a locking washer should take care of that.

D

Deleted member 438

Well it looks like I am going to cut open the stock mirror to get the bolt that fits into the mount on the handle bars. Oh well.

I checked to see if my mirrors came with an extra right bolt, but it was an extra left.

beefcake morris