Michelin Pilot Road 4 low mileage

myklobe

Hey guys,

This is a general question post, but has anyone else had bad luck with the Michelin Pilot Pro 4s getting low mileage?

I bought a set Feb 2016, put 4k miles on them in 6 months, and the back was dang near bald. I don't burn out, I just aggressively commute ;) meaning, I don't really take off quickly, but I get through traffic with gusto.

I got the dealership to warranty the rear, but 3 months later, and 2500 miles, I'm about 80% worn already. The Service Manager and GM both couldn't come up with a good reason why I'm killing these tires so quickly. I meticulously check the air pressure 1-2x a week (never been more than 1-2 lbs off, which I immediately topped off). I was sold this tire as a great commuter tire, seeing online reviews of people getting 8k, 10k, 12k out of them, when I don't think I could ever see 5k.

For reference, and all strange things alike, I previously had a Dunlop Q3 and got 6k out of it, which is a much softer tire than this Pilot Road 4.

Looking for what the crap helpful hints or suggestions for my next tire, since this one will be dead in a month or 2. I don't want to put 2 new tires on the bike every year, but would love a solid commuter tire.

Thanks for any suggestions!

oldie

something not right there , you should be getting atleast double the mileage out of those tyres. I haven't had a set of p4's but I have had countless sets of p3's and p2's on my gsx1250FA and I get around 16,000 km's a set.
Maybe you got a bad batch