matching the matte gray paint

waypoint

mod squad
i want to paint my hangar and slip-on strap the stock matte gray color of the 2012 8. anybody had any success matching a off-the-shelf spray paint? if so, what brand/color. thanks mates!

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite is the best place for paint but I just checked and your 2012 FZ8 color isn't listed... they list the black fender, frame and wheels only. If you are trying to match any of those, they are the place to go. Warning though, they are quite pricey!

Hope that helps.

-Eric

C

cracker0309

If you have a Sherwin Williams Automotive paint store by you and the paint code, they can mix it and put it in a rattle can for you. I've used them a ton of times.
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com

Sent from my Evo LTE

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite is the best place for paint but I just checked and your 2012 FZ8 color isn't listed... they list the black fender, frame and wheels only. If you are trying to match any of those, they are the place to go. Warning though, they are quite pricey!

Yes, they are extremely pricey. I am working on an FZ6R Retrofit right now, and the guy wanted the shroud to match the gold wheels on his 6R. By the time it was all said and done: Primer, Paint, and Clearcoat shipped to my house it was just shy of $90!!:eek: He wanted it though, and paid it. Too rich for my blood.

David3

Don't know if this helps but (at least here in Europe) the Yamaha code for this paint is MNM3 (for Matt Greay Metallic 3) or also 1278/MNM3.

David

Last edited: