Marthy's new ride

Marthy

Here we go... my new ride. Quite impressive amount of low to mid range torque. The throttle is very sensitive and the bike pull strong right from idle just like a twin. Then when you get at the point where the twin would ran out of steam... bang! That thing get on the cams. Anytying more than 1/3 throttle in first gear and the front wheel start skipping. :eek::eek::eek:

Freeway the bike spin 5K @ 70 MPH with a 48-50 MPG on the dash.

So my first impression... quite a lot of bike for $9300 OTD!

I got my exhaust goodies ordered already, should have an exhaust done by the end of next week. Including dyno run before and after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

MotoZen

damn I guess I have to go test drive one, there are some at a dealer about 30 mins from me.

Which dealer is that? I don't think that I'm very far from you, in Reading? Maybe I'll meet you there ;-)

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

MotoZen

Oh, right, nice bike by the way. It looks better to me in your picture than it does in the marketing materials.

97audia4

Which dealer is that? I don't think that I'm very far from you, in Reading? Maybe I'll meet you there ;-)

haha im down for sure, its B&B Yamaha. There are some nice roads on the way there too.

thach1130

Congrats Martin. Look great. Not digging the blue wheel but the bike looks great overall. Now you've made me having second thought. Starting to regret all the stuff i've added to my bike.

BDazzler

OK, now it's time for a drag race between the FZ8 and the FZ-09. :D :eek: :p

Congrats man. That is a sweet bike. More pictures and videos required! (on all the forums)

Marthy

Win didn't bother me all at, I was quite surprise how smooth the bike ride. Pass 80 MPH it kinda get your core muscles a bit more involved... lol

Overalo this is a pretty sweet ride. Bang for the $ Yamaha nailed it!

FE done!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

cambo

Avid Rider
damn...it looks a lot better 'in person'. I swore I'd go back to an fz8 if insurance gave me a chance to...but that fz09 isn't looking as small or skinny as I imagined.

and 48-50 mpg?? holy shit that's awesome!

Marthy how tall are you? weight?

and congrats!!

TallGuyNW

I'm definitely looking at the FZ09 to replace my totaled fz8. I'm a bit concerned about the more upright riding position though as I'm 6'4". I need to go down to the shop and try one out (they have 5 in stock), but I think it's pretty likely that I'd buy one.

Marthy

damn...it looks a lot better 'in person'. I swore I'd go back to an fz8 if insurance gave me a chance to...but that fz09 isn't looking as small or skinny as I imagined.

and 48-50 mpg?? holy shit that's awesome!

Marthy how tall are you? weight?

and congrats!!

5' 8" with 30" seems. Short legs and I'm on the ball of my foot. Just perfect for me. 175 lbs

Marthy

pretty sure its from destination charge, taxes, and other stuff.

Ah fk! They nail you with every possible charge you can imagine. If I did took all the insurance goodies they were proposing me it was like another $80.00 a month... I said no, thanks. I spin wrenches for a living too... so next time you see me it's to buy parts or buy another bike! LOL

On my FZ6R I went from $6200 to $9500! I walk out of there and I was WTF just happen... I think I got rape! Well, my a$$ hurt for 2 years until I pay off the loan at 19.99%.

Well, I got a better credit now. 4.99%

I didn't transfer my tags too... I had to get a new license plate... $$$