Marthy Exhaust for FZ8 (Midship)

cambo

Avid Rider
Yeah, he is definitely going to need the bike for that. IF it is even possible. I know this has been brought up on the FZ6R. I think the main problem is that bikes that have an undertail exhaust, have more clearance under the rear seat to the tire. Adding exhaust cans under there could be an accident waiting to happen. For science!!!

shoot, if I can get banky's bud to fabricate that short tail...maybe that'd open up some room for undertail exhaust clearance. DAMNIT I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
shoot, if I can get banky's bud to fabricate that short tail...maybe that'd open up some room for undertail exhaust clearance. DAMNIT I NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY.

Dude, I'm telling you, you gotta email him..... He's awesome and not overpriced at all.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Cambo, if you need, I've got a spare sub-frame I could come off of. Was gonna short-tail mine but then I had gotten busy and now I'm back into working on my Mighty Mini Truck so the bike probably won't see any more fab or new parts at this point.

cambo

Avid Rider
Cambo, if you need, I've got a spare sub-frame I could come off of. Was gonna short-tail mine but then I had gotten busy and now I'm back into working on my Mighty Mini Truck so the bike probably won't see any more fab or new parts at this point.

I appreciate that SD...but I wouldn't even know when I'd get around to working with it either. shit, wf has been waiting almost a week for me to run to the post office to grab a shipping quote for him and I can't even break away to do that!!

Marthy

Anyone in the WPB area that want to help? I just need to do a prefit on a exhaust to make sure my jigbis right... 1/2 hr or so. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DanS

Commuter
What ever happened to this?

anyone have this?

Reviews?

Kx
He has done some and the reviews are great. I've been wanting this mod for a long time and every time I get ready to pull the trigger something comes up and I have to start saving all over again. I think I read somewhere just in the last couple weeks that he had a header ready to go. Send him a message

Sinooch

yea. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just picked up the last header he had in stock ready to go. if you email him he will respond though. maybe he will be willing to make another. I couldn't say if he would or wouldn't, but its worth a shot. He owns a custom motorcycle exhaust shop in florida called marthy motorcycle exhaust solution. Hope that helps some.

Marthy

Hey Mate,

Due to the low demand I had to let the FZ8 project go. Unfortunately I invest quite a lot of time and $ to built like 5 exhaust this past year, 2 of them were R&D freebees. I got your email...

thach1130

I think he mean no pre-made header+slip-on package. I think you can find a nice slip-on (Coffman). Mailed everything to him (header, slipon) then he'll cut and weld it for you.

Kx1984

oh I don't mind sending mine in to be modified if that's the case

I was going to wait till the end of the season

Kx

Marthy

Hey Guys,

Sorry I try to pop up here and there... I have 4 Danmoto shorty left and not really planning on getting more for the year. Things have been a bit quiet the past 2 months and I'm focusing on the FZ09 and should have a loaner FZ07 within 2 weeks to do R&D.

I kind of put the FZ8 project on ice since demand never really pick up and having Yamaha stopping the import sort of seal the deal for me. But if some of you are interested in getting your headers mod I'll be cool for doing a few. Would be nice if we can make some sort of group thing. Doesn't need to be 20 exhaust but if we can get a few done together I could probably be able to shave few $$$ of the price.

Thanks
martin

Chambers12

I would also be interested if a group of people are down. It's either this or a graves full exhaust. Decisions, Decisions!

Marthy

Knock knock!!! How's everyone doing these days? Haven't been here in years. Got a email notification today and decided to stop by and say Hi!

Sold the 6R back in 2015 and the FZ09 3 years ago. Been riding mountain bikes like a mad Man this pass few years, much more fun than flat & strait roads of Florida. LOL

Actually I just bough back the old 6R (FZ6R). Figured it was cheap enough to have a bike to ride every now and then and It's setup the way I wanted it already with luggage too.

Hope all the old Boys are still around!