Lowering the fz8 Headlamp?

minja714

those of you who already taken the headlamps apart to install HIDs or whatever... is it possible? I want it to look hunched down a little more by like an inch or two. like its ready to pounce. I think it would make a sick looking bike even better.

hypo

so are you talking the whole cluster/windscreen etc? its probably doable, I'm trying to think how some of the peices are connected and where... the wiring clusters don't have a lot of slack on them, and you'd lose what wind protection/control you had... I may have to photoshop something to see what you're trying to do though...

minja714

so are you talking the whole cluster/windscreen etc? its probably doable, I'm trying to think how some of the peices are connected and where... the wiring clusters don't have a lot of slack on them, and you'd lose what wind protection/control you had... I may have to photoshop something to see what you're trying to do though...

i put the pic of the ducati street fighter up as an example, their headlamp drops really low, maybe too low, i jsut want a two inch drop. And wind protection is great and everything but the things we sacrifice in the name of beauty. Italians know that best, style over functionality.

hypo

yeah, I'm at work and chopped up a picture on MSPAINT to see what it would look like and compared it to your ducati... I see the look. kinda like an ant, just need the mandibles... :) I can see the attraction to it, but since its not outside to look at, I'm wondering how its connected to the forks... probably on the triple tree top and bottom right? cuz taking that headlight cowling off was like playing JENGA, everything connects to everything else in layers... no real single pieces.