Lower Cowl

Ivy33

Does anyone know if an FZ1 lower cowl will work on the FZ8? I'm looking for something other than that two-piecer for the FZ8 on the Yamaha site. I'd love something more like this but a more rugged look that matches the FZ8's style. Hopefully more aftermarket stuff will start to appear soon.

Speedo007

The headers really don't look the same, I wouldnt bet on that model. I'm sure it's just a mater of time though before companies start making more models.

Ivy33

you send them an email yet?

It's funny, I sent them one yesterday and they responded just as you posted this. They said that they will be working on building their FZ8 page next week.

They have footpeg lowering kits, lowering kit, radiator side covers, a rear hugger, sliders, a tail lift kit and rear sets but no lower cowl yet. They said the fairings and headlights are universal so I can use those.

I'll be keeping my eyes on their site (StreetFighter Inc.-StreetFighter and Sportbike accessories. One stop shopping for StreetFighters & Naked Motorcycles)! They're very responsive so far and they say that they just got another email asking the exact same thing.

hypo

too funny.

If I were you I would play the lotto today! :)

I am just answering another email in regards to the same thing. Happy to say that the new FZ8 page will be up next week.

So far there will be:
rear sets
lowering kit
footpeg lowering kit
sliders
tail lift kit
radiator side covers

Stay tuned and that should be up and running midweek next week.

Thank you for your interest.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Your StreetFighter Team
Veronica

Speedo007

footpeg lowering kit...that sounds awesome, a bit concerned about clearance when riding on the sporty side...will have a look for sure, with my long legs, any extra space is always welcome on long rides.

Ivy33

Ok, please chime in guys. I want a lower cowl but options are extremely limited. The top is a Yamaha and the bottom is a Puig. I wish the Puig was a pic of the whole bike but what do you think?

lothodon

Super Moderator
while i prefer the completely naked look, of the two you posted i like the puig better. it's possible that it's simply because i've already seen the yamaha version in photos though.

Ivy33

while i prefer the completely naked look, of the two you posted i like the puig better. it's possible that it's simply because i've already seen the yamaha version in photos though.

I agree, I like the completely naked look also, but I do like an accent like that that is just off enough to catch my eye. Now I just have to decide if I want it or not. :)

It's odd, Puig made such a butt-ugly windscreen for the FZ8 but then make a decent looking, simple lower cowl. I wish some of these companies would ask for actual rider input when designing their items.

hypo

cowl = meh are they steel? or flimsy plastic? they don't do anything for me either way.

Speedo007

All flimsy plastic, I still have thoughts of removing mine once in a while...I certainly don't hate them, but like the naked look too...