Lorenzo "Superman"

Tango59

Breaks collarbone on thursday, has surgery friday and pulls off 5th place saturday. Rossi is back, Marquez looked really good and Crutchlow got a podium !!! bet there were alot of Brits celebrating last night !!!

lothodon

Super Moderator
I saw a slightly different race. Rossi was only back because Lorenzo wasn't 100%. Lorenzo, still absolutely amazing, no doubt. Crutchlow could have had a second at best if he didn't nearly plow into Marquez on the last lap. Shouldn't have been that far back but his start blew.

As much as I don't care for Honda I will admit Marquez is REALLY impressive. Not just for a rookie either. Pedrosa has had so much opportunity over so many years and never truly capitalized on it I don't see him as champion in his career.

I'd love to see them all race on the same bike just to see who the best rider is, equipment aside. I don't think the top 5 would change at all, just the order.

Tango59

It would be cool to see something like that (like the Red Bull Rookie series). Still can't believe Lorenzo tho.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Assen seems to favor the Yamahas. Pedrosa has still got to be the favorite for the championship.

rug_burn

No, I think Rossi is back... but it remains to be seen how he will match up against Lorenzo. The bigger problem for them both is going to be at tracks with more tight corners and long straightaways which place more of a premium on horsepower, therefore favoring Hondas.

It seems like that real smooth style is the way to get the most out of the Yamaha (or any bike for that matter), even though it doesn't always make for the most exciting race.

Keach

Breaks collarbone on thursday, has surgery friday and pulls off 5th place saturday.
QUOTE]

As someone who broke his collarbone and had surgery for it this summer...coming back a day later and racing is unbelievable to me. I was on pain meds for a solid three days after the surgery and still feeling mighty sore. And I only wish I could say I broke mine motorcycle racing...would make for a much more impressive story!

rug_burn

Marquez? What was he thinking at the Phillips Island Race? That is a rather rookie 20year-old's mistake not pitting for the bike swap on the mandatory lap 9 or 10 when he knew it had to be done.

I'd have liked to see the full 27 laps planned, but still, it was a pretty good race up to the point Marquez got black flagged...

And now the championship is back in contention, but still an uphill struggle for Lorenzo-

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Marquez? What was he thinking at the Phillips Island Race? That is a rather rookie 20year-old's mistake not pitting for the bike swap on the mandatory lap 9 or 10 when he knew it had to be done.

I'd have liked to see the full 27 laps planned, but still, it was a pretty good race up to the point Marquez got black flagged...

And now the championship is back in contention, but still an uphill struggle for Lorenzo-

It turns out that his whole team thought they could come in on lap 11. He doesn't seem too upset about it. I think he knows there is no stopping him.