Looking for Reviews and opinions on current Jackets and pants riding Gear

Twiste

I'm getting my tax check soon and plan on dropping around around 600 bucks on proper gear. I see plenty of old threads and wanted advice on current gear out. Looking for hopefully a 2 piece of protective gear for all seasons as well as rain. There's tons of stuff out there and getting reviews and advice from people that have the gear would be great! Pro's and con's on different types(Leather, Textile,Mesh). I live in New Orleans and gets as cold as 30ish and of course it does get very hot and rains a ton. Function, fitment and gear that will last are high on the list. Thanks for looking and any advice givin.

Peace and Thanks

Bagman

IMO, you need to get yourself over to a local shop and try gear on. For motorcycle gear to be comfortable and protective - it has to fit correctly and to your liking. Interweb advice and Revzilla video reviews can only get you so far. Given your list, I'd suggest you'll end up looking at high-end textile gear.

Dainese, Rev'it, Klim, Rukka, A*

Twiste

Thank you bag man, its my intention to do to a Cycle Gear in Baton Rouge as soon as the tax money drops in my account. Just wanted some real life information tp walk in the door with.

Sinooch

i was just about to tell you to head over to your nearest cycle gear. when i bought gear i looked up a bunch of videos and reviews online but went into the store as far as fitment. i dont trust website sizes and especially since motorcycle gear tends to run on the very thin side and im not all that thin, I'd personally rather play it safe then sorry.

Sinooch

also cyclegear always has some kind of deals going on. i actually saw one recently. If you buy the bilt explorer jacket then you get pants, gloves, and helmet for free.
eCatalog - Cycle Gear <----Thats the link to the catalog. you will see the advertisement on the first page, but the gear and costs are all on page 18.

Rhyno54

Another jacket to look at would be the Joe Rocket Dark Radar jacket, I have one myself and I love it, it's a leather/textile jacket it's got the leather protection where u need it and it vents really well. I agree sinooch go try the gear on. When I was looking at gear I would check reviews from Revzilla for each corresponding gear, like jackets, gloves, pants etc. and what other customer thought them and so forth. That's why I have different brands of gear. Revilla has a great customer service department and are very helpful plus a no hassle return policy they would be another company to check out gear from.