Little wheelie action from NC

HeresMyMind

Impressive. I only power wheelie. Side note: remove that video or change your youtube name, its simple to see its you doing it, and cops CAN ticket you for that stuff. its happened in the past

-B

Wheelie Kings1

Good wheelie bro, I'm now attempting stand ups I am stretching them out a little sitting down but want to stand up, don't really know if the fz8 can " power wheelie" I question that no offense

MarshMadness

Where you at in Charlotte? I'm up in Huntersville and would love running with another 8. Give me a shout and maybe we can catch up.

HeresMyMind

R6 throttle tube. 6k 1st gear, release then throttle, i can get it just over 1ft off the ground and ride it out to 2nd gear. its not hard when you have the right throttle tube

-B

04wrxwagon

I've learned to do clutch ups in first. A few times have scared me a bit because the bike seems to keep rotating(I think I catch the power band), but for the most part I just keep them 1-2ft off the ground. Second, I've only tried a few times but it just feels sketchy.

Also, now that I figured it out.. I seem to do them any time I come to a stop. It's bad.

b-eock

The bike will wheelie in 5th gear, it takes work and knowledge, but it can be done... Power wheelie on this in first gear, with stock gearing is easy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ryujiwithanr

Where you at in Charlotte? I'm up in Huntersville and would love running with another 8. Give me a shout and maybe we can catch up.

Yeah man im in the mint hill area (north eastern Charlotte) i regularly ride with my brother (sv650) and we always welcome others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryujiwithanr

I've learned to do clutch ups in first. A few times have scared me a bit because the bike seems to keep rotating(I think I catch the power band), but for the most part I just keep them 1-2ft off the ground. Second, I've only tried a few times but it just feels sketchy.

Also, now that I figured it out.. I seem to do them any time I come to a stop. It's bad.

I dont know how it is for others but for me once i started to get it high enough to find the balance point(way higher than you think it is) it gets infinitely less scary, even though that sounds totally backwards...it almost like the closer to 12o clock you get the less scary and more control you feel over the bike...idk maybe its just me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fazer 8

Nice one. What are you using for a helmet cam? I've got a GoPro knockoff, but I don't think I want to keep using it as a helmet-side cam - too big, catches too much wind. I've seen some guys with what appears to be a very small, slim camera, sort of tube shaped with a flat side for mounting, sticks out only about 1-1.5" from the helmet.

04wrxwagon

just starting out learning to wheelie on my 8 please give some tips on how to do them and easy ways to learn:)

I found some very very minimal travelled back roads to practice on. Or some parking lots. Depends which method. You can try power wheelies or clutch ups. Clutch ups are far easier. Youtube videos on people teaching them. Thats what I did.

eru000

Nice one. What are you using for a helmet cam? I've got a GoPro knockoff, but I don't think I want to keep using it as a helmet-side cam - too big, catches too much wind. I've seen some guys with what appears to be a very small, slim camera, sort of tube shaped with a flat side for mounting, sticks out only about 1-1.5" from the helmet.

I've been using a Contour Roam2. About $150. Plenty of mounting options. Works great for a side-mounted helmet cam. Quality is pretty good, check out these videos for post-editing quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duo2-D16O_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCx1YtgntLQ
Night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0MxxVVdbzQ