LIGHTECH rearsets - feeler

minja714

Im scrapping my pegs every once in a while going into the freeway and carving up canyon curves but i was thinking how it would be nice to have some more leg room too so I asked Dave what he could do.

Group buy for adjustable rear sets, unlike Sato or other rear sets, the shifting rod goes under the bike's frame keeping the OEM clean look, but a lot more adjustable. Dave from Ocsuperbike does not have an account with them but would open one if there is enough interest for it. I picked to group buy this rearset specifically because this style doesnt have that "swiss cheese" look on the plate to be fully adjustable and the angles just flow with bike so beautifully.

Made in Italy, but without the Italian price tag.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I might be interested depending on the price.

minja714

I might be interested depending on the price.

Awesome. a group buy of 2 people :)

nah im kidding. With this group buy, we have some time on this one. A month or two out.

this group buy im gonna do after the ASV ones are done. I know that this is holiday season and people are spending money on gifts and other people first. Also around 400ish, it takes some saving up to do before you can jump in, so this is just to plant the seeds for now and let people know that this is another option if they are thinking about rearsets and to let Dave get a rough number how many to order from Italy before they sit and collect dust in his office.

D

Deleted member 438

At 400ish I'm in cause PJs has em for $432.

Crazywb23

$400 thats not a bargin guys. I am currently waiting for Vortex rearsets to be in stock and will order them. I spent days on internet looking for rearsets from FZ1 and found that Vortex will give most adjustment range.

https://www.vortexracing.com/shop/product/29719/1717/

I also like TRW from Germany they look sweet but range is smaller

TRW Black Edition Racing Rearsets FZ1 1000 Fazer RN16 2006>

Make sure you understand the entire installation process before going with vortex. I am a vortex guy all the way but, I am going with these rearsets as well after christmas... There's one conversion you need to do to use the vortex rearset on the shifter side. And the brake light switch (sold seperatly) is different from the OEM one that comes stock. I am not to sure about the advantages, maybe when I get em installed I will let you know.

Last edited:

impostor1981

yeah I know that there will have to be mod to sprocket cover done and that pressure switch installed. All it is I am just worried that if I go with e.g. TRW I would still drag the pegs as the adjustmnt may not be sufficent enough ;)

D

Deleted member 438

$400 thats not a bargin guys. I am currently waiting for Vortex rearsets to be in stock and will order them. I spent days on internet looking for rearsets from FZ1 and found that Vortex will give most adjustment range.

https://www.vortexracing.com/shop/product/29719/1717/

I also like TRW from Germany they look sweet but range is smaller

TRW Black Edition Racing Rearsets FZ1 1000 Fazer RN16 2006>

I'm mainly into it because I won't have to chop anything up.

minja714

I'm mainly into it because I won't have to chop anything up.

I agree, and that's not all, if you want the shift rod under the cover for vortex, I think you have to set it up for gp style shifting (reversed gears). But I will consider vortex for the group buy too, Dave didn't fill out any forms yet.

I have to admit, 50 bucks cheaper is enticing but I still like lightech better. all rearsets have advantages and weaknesses, i think lightech has the perfect balance of function, adjust ability, and style no other manufacture has yet came close to. I mean looking at the pictures installed makes me think these rearsets were tailor made for this bike specifically.

its all subjective of course. but look at it again carefully, and then look into your <3

what would jesus do?

lightech.

:::end scene and slowly fade to black:::

Last edited:

impostor1981

Yeah you r right they look good ... but..... could you tell me how much higher against stock are they ?? And are the footrests it self shorter than stock, I mean do they stick out less ??

Cheers

minja714

Yeah you r right they look good ... but..... could you tell me how much higher against stock are they ?? And are the footrests it self shorter than stock, I mean do they stick out less ??

Cheers

STOCK

Lightech

Vortex

Both rear sets throw the pegs pretty far back already, the range of adjustable with vortex and lightech differ by only 1 line. Vortex only looks like it has more adjustment because of the 18 holes drilled into the plate which can be effectivebut looks like 2 Tic-Tak-Toe boards.

your right, the pegs on vortex looks shorter

im not here to change your mind, if your set on vortexs then cool. im glad we have many options to choose from. but from where im standing, it looks like i only have 1.

since im a typical american, i have to add a bit of ignorance into my decision and say that Chuck Norris would approve lightech.

Last edited:

impostor1981

Rizoma is cool but does not look sporty to me more elegant if u know what I mean. Also only has four fixed positions for pegs and according to the spec it would not be what I am looking for. And thirdly and finally THE PRICE ;)

Woody146

Banned
Haha. Lighttech rearsets for other bikes are identical..they are pretty nice..but side by side with the sato....sato alllllllllllll day.