LED "eyebrow" MOD begins

hypo

When I was shopping for a new bike for my wife, I walked into a shop one day and saw the Z1000 sitting next to the FZ8 and was instantly struck with the face/eyes of the bikes... and now I'm going to accentuate that eye on my FZ8. ;)

Since I really see the decepticon in the fairing, I'm going with an evil slant...

I'm going to stick a string of LED's under the ridges and possibly extend them up into the forehead light.

and

I'll take pictures and talk wiring as I go along.

hypo

So I finished the wiring, but I'm going to have to do some adjustments to the LED's... cuz they are FREAKIN BRIGHT!!!!!! www.superbrightleds.com has some waterproof SIDE SHINING LED's. I used two strips, and instead of "glueing" them to the glass of the lens, I stuck them to the plastic fairing... although as I make the adjustments, I might move them to the glass. The fairing peices are MANY!!! 2 left side pieces, 2 right side pieces, the top piece... so there's a non-permanent feel to my installation right now.

Last edited:

mano1192

this si going to be tight! Ive been thinking of doing the angel/demon eyes and some led brows also, but still not positive what colors I want.

hypo

I was hoping for some reflection, but I got more than I bargained for. ;) But I like it so far.

I also added an on/off switch under the back seat if I ever get want to turn them off.

Last edited:

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I did something similar to my FZ6. But I put mine in the "gills" of the fairing,looked damn mean !

Ivy33

That looks sweet. Can't be a Decepticon without a little red in there. Maybe the top-center portion should be red LEDs.

Even without the red, it still looks damn good!

mano1192

it looks like a tierra! lol I like it, but man you gotta match the blue of the LED's with a HID haedlight or its going to look funny.

mano1192

thats cool, I decided to go with the gold one, it looks tight with the forks! I saw it on a buddys yellow CBR, it looked dope.

hypo

Man that demon eyes is bad ass. It reminds me of TF3 (shockwave)

yeah it does actually... I really want to match the angel color properly though... hoping that they add a few more colors before I make the purchase. Definitely keeping the devils eye red.

mano1192

yeah it does actually... I really want to match the angel color properly though... hoping that they add a few more colors before I make the purchase. Definitely keeping the devils eye red.

Thats tight, yea if you pull of matching the angel with the led color its gunna look sweet!