Leaking Forks Help!

Motogirl

Hello everyone! My forks are leaking and the shop said that there’s scratch so I need a whole new fork assembly. They said this will take two months to order the parts because they have to be imported. Does anyone know any solutions to this or if there any good aftermarket forks I could get here faster?

motoboy

I have the same problem at the moment. To be honest with you, Forks of ours FZ 8 and Fazer 800 sucks, specially the first models, witch is mine, 2011. Is the second time that I have this problems. If the scratch are too deep, or if your nail stuck in the scratch you need too sand them till the scratch desapear. Need to put the tube in a lathe and when they´re spinning you took fine sand paper, like 240 grit and try to remove the entire scratch. After the scratch desapear, it is time fine polish the fork till the standard look. Of course this work is to be done just in the scratch area. If you left any scratch it will damage your new seals and the forks will leak again. Try to use maxima 15w oil, it´s one good compromise. Stiffs your suspension a quite bit, witch for me is a very good thing, and seals better because the oil has a Hi grade PAO.
Hope to help you.