KT Auto Part HID Projector KT-MT2

Shleeve

This is the KT-MTS from motorcycle hid projector KT-MT2
I think one of their other models might actually be better size to fit in the housing, but this one is fine.
When I first got the package I was excited because it had an FZ8 right on the cover in 2 pics!!

There is A LOT of wires in the kit to tuck away, I wired the first inline box from the battery around the airbox and it's sitting in the little compartment under the front of the airbox. The 2 other black boxes are ziptied to the metal under my gauge cluster and are hanging kinda off to the sides but theyre tucked away nicely. The biggest box, the "ballast" came with a little metal harness thingy that I attached to the hex bolt in the lower right of the headlight that secures it to the frame.
Here's a pic of the wiring

The high/low are wired to the original high/low plugs and the angel/demoneye are wired to running lights

Into the oven

I heat the oven to 400 then turned it off and put the headlight in for 8 min and it came apart fairly easily, but I think in this process the LED I have up top broke and I had to go buy another. I didn't find this out til I put the headlight back together and wired up so I had to bake it again...
Be VERY VERY careful with the glue... it got on parts of the inner silver part and it doesn't come off easily at allllll. I managed to get most of it off with goo gone, but it ate away at the actual metallic paint in a lower part of the side...

ALSO be careful with heat guns, lol I melted a bit of the side when I put it back together the second time because I wasn't looking for a second. Lol not my day.

Add some paint

The wires fit pretty nicely through the back

Here's the finished product in the light, I will get night pics later.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
Looks good mate,one thing that would look better though ,why not paint the reflector black ? You dont need it anymore.
I did that with my FZ6 and it looked great.

Shleeve

MMMk so I just decided you are right.. Tomorrow morning I will open it again and paint the inside black :) ugh gonna take some time but at least I know how everything goes now...

Shleeve

paint is drying right now. I also figured out how to wire the lights. You can either wire them to the high and low and then have the angel/demoneye on running and then when you turn on the engine it will still kinda glow red but the white HID will be brighter and then the angel eye is still on.....OR you can wire the "eyes" to low and your HID to high with it set to bright or normal. I opted for the first one. It will be installed shortly and more pics will be up :)

SpunkyTheTuna

I have to admit when you first talked about doing this is was skeptical. OK, more than skeptical. But I was wrong. That looks good, and I'm hoping that it'll give you some increased vision at night too. Now I've gone from skeptic to almost wanting to do that to mine. Please let us know how well it works at night, would you? For me that's the whole enchilada.

Shleeve

I have to admit when you first talked about doing this is was skeptical. OK, more than skeptical. But I was wrong. That looks good, and I'm hoping that it'll give you some increased vision at night too. Now I've gone from skeptic to almost wanting to do that to mine. Please let us know how well it works at night, would you? For me that's the whole enchilada.

For sure. I can already tell that ill get a lot more visibility, but they may need some angle adjustment :)

Shleeve

The angle was perfect :) these things look so bad ass at night... I tried taking pics with my camera though, not my phone and they were still too bright to clearly see the red and definition! But here they are!

low beam:

high:

You can't see the difference clearly on this street because its too short, but theres a pitch black street by my house that you could see a huge difference between high and low. I LOVE this light, it's now the favorite part of my bike :) 10/10

Shleeve

I got the 6000, it is slightly blue but it looks great with a blue angel eye. Amazing deal for $50+ shipping.

Dannyboy

do you think that would work for the fz8s....so the model with the mini fairing> the headlight config is 2 side by side....so obviously I'd have to get 2 HID lights instead of 1; but presumably it would be fine....dunno about the drain of power however....?? thoughts??

FZER

Avid Rider
So pulling the headlight apart was to just paint the inside? The projector just plugs into the stock light location?