Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, and the Dragon

lyric911

I'm taking a couple of trips to TN this year. June 21-24 I'll be in Knoxville. August 30th-Sept 2nd I'll be in Pigeon Forge with a side trip to the dragon. Anybody live in the area or visiting in those time frames?

FZER

Avid Rider
I could make the August trip maybe. Check out AbouttheSmokies.com for some cabin info.

lyric911

I could make the August trip maybe. Check out AbouttheSmokies.com for some cabin info.

I have lodging for both trips arranged already. The June trip is for the gf's birthday. The August trip is with some friends, we're renting an 8 bedroom cabin in Pigeon Forge. :) I'm the only biker on the August trip and am ditching my friends for a bit so that I can ride the dragon.

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm still going to try and make it up when you are in TN. I'm also going to go up August 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and coming home on the 5th.

lyric911

I'm still going to try and make it up when you are in TN. I'm also going to go up August 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and coming home on the 5th.

I'll make sure we post as the trip gets closer so we can exchange numbers and what not.

DLSGAP

Don't just ride the dragon... 28, cherohala, foothills and soooo many more... there are enough great rounds around there that you can ride for a few days and not ride that 11 mile stretch

lyric911

Don't just ride the dragon... 28, cherohala, foothills and soooo many more... there are enough great rounds around there that you can ride for a few days and not ride that 11 mile stretch

I plan on riding more than just the dragon for sure. I'm coming from Pigeon Forge, plenty of fun roads to hit between.

FZER

Avid Rider
I plan on riding more than just the dragon for sure. I'm coming from Pigeon Forge, plenty of fun roads to hit between.

I've got the 31st, 1st, and 2nd all cleared up to come up. You up for riding some everyday? Even if it's wet? Motorick lives in NGA too so he might come up.

lyric911

As much as I'd like to, I'm only going to be able to swing one day. I'm staying in a cabin in Pigeon Forge with a group of friends and I'll be the only biker there. I planned on cutting out of the cabin for a partial day of twisties, but hanging out with my friends in the cabin otherwise.

What part of Georgia are you coming from?

FZER

Avid Rider
Dang man, yeah I would be coming from middle GA, I've got connections in Helen GA. Bonaire is my home town. I was hoping you'd be up for a lot more riding. Maybe Motorick will want to do some more riding or something. The ride from Helen to Pigeon Forge is awesome too.

lyric911

Yeah, I wish I could ride more too. I need to take a biker only trip at some point.

Which day would be best for you?

FZER

Avid Rider
Saturday would be great. I could use some R&R, might do some of my own riding Friday. What if it rains? We slow down? I do group rides with cruiser guys all the time, but I would like to turn it up some and have never riden the dragon. I might slow you down some.......

FZER

Avid Rider
Saturday it is. Speed limit is 30 (or 25? something stupid low) anyhow and heavily patroled.

Awesome, never ridden it so we'll have to try and stay about 10 over. Now some of those North GA roads.........Hell getting there from Helen is going to be half the fun for me.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I'd be up for riding around north georgia, but I'm really not interested in going up to the Dragon after going up there last month. It's a real slow crawl on a Saturday afternoon. If you've never been there before it might still be fun. There are a million bikers along with a corresponding number of police just waiting to find someone to pull over. Even the Cherohala was crawling with police pulling people over. I have a video if you want to see what I mean. Skip to the 16:30 mark to see the police on the Cherohala.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZVvobHcxI]Spicy110 Sticker Quest - Tail of the Dragon, Deal's Gap - YouTube[/ame]

V

Vapordan

I'd be up for riding around north georgia, but I'm really not interested in going up to the Dragon after going up there last month. It's a real slow crawl on a Saturday afternoon. If you've never been there before it might still be fun. There are a million bikers along with a corresponding number of police just waiting to find someone to pull over. Even the Cherohala was crawling with police pulling people over. I have a video if you want to see what I mean. Skip to the 16:30 mark to see the police on the Cherohala.
Spicy110 Sticker Quest - Tail of the Dragon, Deal's Gap - YouTube

Oh this is nice and windy. wuss speed, though by that guy.

lyric911

I've only ever done the dragon on 4 wheels, and I'll be 1.5 hours away instead of my usual 10. I will be riding it, but not exclusively it. I can't justify being that close and having my bike with me and not doing it.

FZER

Avid Rider
I'll bring a camera for some photo ops and I'll definitely will be after some sort of T-shirt. Got my Cabin yesterday. 99/night.

lyric911

I'll bring a camera for some photo ops and I'll definitely will be after some sort of T-shirt. Got my Cabin yesterday. 99/night.

The cabin we're staying in (6 bedroom) is like 140 per person for 4 nights. So like, 35/night. :D