Kevlar Jeans with Armor?

FZ8Panda

Any good kevlar jeans with knee armor on the market today? Hip armor would be nice too but not necessary. Only two I found that looked decent are the Speed and Strength Rage with the Machine Jeans and the RHOK Gen3 PEKEV Jeans. I have heard good things about the RHOK jeans but they are just a bit pricey for me at the moment. Anyone have any experience on the jeans mentioned? Have any other jeans that you recommend? Thanks.

Jacek3743

I actually ride with a pair of Sartso jeans. price is pretty good and I think they're badass. I would recommend those if you dont want to spend $300 for jeans

cxa0897

I have a pair of speed and strength jeans with removable ce knee pads and kevlar, called running with the bulls perhaps? I like them a lot. pretty comfortable, fairly heavy jeans, and kevlar lining all around the hip thigh and butt area. They've held up pretty well considering I wear em almost daily. fits pretty true to size as well, i wear 32/32 and got the same in these and they are just fine

FZ8Panda

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. So far I'm leaning towards the Speed & Strength jeans but the Sartso looks good too. Hey cxa0897, are the S&S jeans super baggy or are they more of a relaxed fit?

Last edited:

cxa0897

just for clarity, I have the rage with the machine, the run with the bulls jeans do not have the knee protectors. i had it mixed up before.

the ones i have are fairly baggy, but not overly to the point where they catch onto everything or flap all over. the lower leg area is the baggiest, it has a very generous cut to fit over boots. I can get them over my boots and still have a bunch of space.

you can see what I mean about the wide bottoms in the pic below. Its nearly the same width at my ankles as it as at my thighs...

Speed and Strength Rage with the Machine Jeans - RevZilla

Last edited:

alexk

Weekend Rider
I'm wearing BILT Iron Worker "Steel Motorcycle Jeans".

They're not the best quality, but for $70 they beat the pants off normal jeans for safety.

Pros:
  • CE rated kneepads
  • Kevlar layers in knees, butt, and hips
  • Boot cut (goes in or over my boots no problem)
  • They flow enough air and are comfortable enough to wear full time.
Cons:
  • They don't size inseam and waist separately. TRY THEM ON IN THE STORE!
  • The pockets that hold the kneepads aren't well made and the velcro pads dig into my legs.
  • Must be hung up to dry
  • Poor quality stitching - left leg and left pocket split after only 90 days.

Bottom Line:
  • Buy a better quality set of armored pants. If this can't stand up to light wear and wind, how can it stand up to asphalt?

Last edited:

onesonofamitch

Bohn Armor Pants. Fit under any jeans, as long as they're not skinny jeans, and have armor everywhere you are most likely to need it.
I would still recommend throwing a pair of kevlar jeans over these for even more safety. But I can say that even without kevlar jeans I feel pretty safe having these on.

I would definitely recommend getting the air flow version though, simply because you can always add layers.

FZ8Panda

Bohn Armor Pants. Fit under any jeans, as long as they're not skinny jeans, and have armor everywhere you are most likely to need it.
I would still recommend throwing a pair of kevlar jeans over these for even more safety. But I can say that even without kevlar jeans I feel pretty safe having these on.

I would definitely recommend getting the air flow version though, simply because you can always add layers.

That looks interesting but I think those will bother the heck outta me in the heat. It's been humid as hell here and having a full underpant armor would prob make matters worse. Wouldn't mind trying a pair for the fall though. Thanks for the suggestion!

just for clarity, I have the rage with the machine, the run with the bulls jeans do not have the knee protectors. i had it mixed up before.

the ones i have are fairly baggy, but not overly to the point where they catch onto everything or flap all over. the lower leg area is the baggiest, it has a very generous cut to fit over boots. I can get them over my boots and still have a bunch of space.

you can see what I mean about the wide bottoms in the pic below. Its nearly the same width at my ankles as it as at my thighs...

Speed and Strength Rage with the Machine Jeans - RevZilla

Thanks for clarifying that. The bottoms do look more baggier than I would like but the price point and the knee armor is what I like. I'm eyeing some Draggin jeans too but their knee armor seems shabby from the reviews I'm seeing and you have to pay extra for them. I think I'm gonna go with the S&S rage jeans. Just hope Revzilla restocks my size soon. Have had the fastest and most pain free service from them compared to others. I suppose I can do a mini review once I have the jeans and put some ride time in. Thanks for all the help fellas! :cool:

alexk

Weekend Rider
FYI, I updated my mini-review above of the BILT Iron Workers (CycleGear House Brand).

The left leg and left pocket *split at the seams* a couple days after I posted initially. And before you ask, I wear em loose (otherwise they're too short... besides, skinny jeans hurt my package)

:mad:

FZ8Panda

Decided to go with something completely diff. Ended up ordering the AGV Sport Corsica Kevlar Jeans with Icon D30 knee pads from Revzilla. Wanted something a bit tighter than the rest of the riding jeans I been looking at. I just hope it's not skinny jeans tight. Will see when it arrives.

YamaHammer

I have ordered a pair of the Bohn Airflow under jeans Armor Pants. I plan to use them when I know I will be riding aggressively or on long trips.

Riding or wishing I was riding.