K&N Air filter

Dustin8r

Hey guys maybe a dumb question here but I've got a dan moto exhaust and recently just installed a K&N air filter. Since then the bike runs hotter than it did. Now I know it's probly running leaner but how much temp variance is too much? Went from running 165 degrees F to 172, and I was out in about 90 degree weather and it ran at 176. Is this something to worry about? I certainly don't wanna fry anything. Thanks in advance for the help

Umyaya

Hey guys maybe a dumb question here but I've got a dan moto exhaust and recently just installed a K&N air filter. Since then the bike runs hotter than it did. Now I know it's probly running leaner but how much temp variance is too much? Went from running 165 degrees F to 172, and I was out in about 90 degree weather and it ran at 176. Is this something to worry about? I certainly don't wanna fry anything. Thanks in advance for the help
It's fine. That is still low. Mine has run hotter. Fan will kick in. No worries.

Woody146

Banned

You should look into a reflash or power commander to fix the a/f ratios..will help the bike run smoother too...

That's a low temp..

Mine runs at almost 200..fan kicks on at 205

Google motorcycle engine through flir camera...they run verrrrrry hot

Dustin8r

Woody, is that at highway speeds or just running around town? Mine runs around 200 going about 35-40 mph during my daily commute...I've been looking at a power commander, probly going to order one soon.

Woody146

Banned
Well..my riding is always a mixture as I have to get on the freeway to get anywhere...I don't pay too close attention to the temp..I was just telling you what mines sometimes runs at..it also depends on the ambient temp.

Dustin8r

Gotcha, ok yea I wasn't sure how hot was too hot for a normal running temp, but it sounds like I'm all good. Thanks man