Just got my 8 today!

Zenfist

Hi everyone, My name is Eric but you can call me Zen. I bought the absolutely last FZ8 in town! Got a pretty good deal, and loved driving it today. First new bike, and super happy about it!

NoNine4me

Hi everyone, My name is Eric but you can call me Zen. I bought the absolutely last FZ8 in town! Got a pretty good deal, and loved driving it today. First new bike, and super happy about it!
8500 miles on mine. It's a great bike. You will love it but don't disrespect it; it is NOT underpowered!

Darksabre

Welcome :welcome:

The FZ8 was my first new bike as well. I just hit 2500mi on mine. Dont forget about the break-in process in the manual and that first oil change at 650mi.

9 Lives

Break in process??? what is that??? F*ck babying it, ride like it was meant to be ridden, hard and fast. Congrats on the new bike.

b-eock

Ride it hard as F*** just maintain the fluids and lubricants. That's what its made for. Don't baby a monster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Zenfist

Thanks guys! Enjoying it so far, love how it sounds and rides. Could be louder, but then again, I am used to slightly louder bikes, maybe I will get used to it.

myklobe

Congrats! There are plenty of options if you want to make the bike louder, or just upgrade most of the bolt on parts. You'll love it! It's a super fun bike to roll around on :) I bought mine new in April and have ridden almost every single day since then!

Zenfist

Yeah, there are tons of stuff I would love to do to the 8! I made a cafe racer out of an 1981 honda cx500, including LED tail lights and turn signals in the front. As far as exhaust goes, I kind of fell in love with the look of the FZ-09 and FZ-07 with the underbike exit, but I have yet to find any aftermarket setup like this for the 8. Nor any underseat setup, which I like as well.

Rode a bit the past few days, but still only have about 160 miles on bike. I will ride tomorrow with my friend for a bit, that should be fun.

Woody146

Banned
Yeah, there are tons of stuff I would love to do to the 8! I made a cafe racer out of an 1981 honda cx500, including LED tail lights and turn signals in the front. As far as exhaust goes, I kind of fell in love with the look of the FZ-09 and FZ-07 with the underbike exit, but I have yet to find any aftermarket setup like this for the 8. Nor any underseat setup, which I like as well.

Rode a bit the past few days, but still only have about 160 miles on bike. I will ride tomorrow with my friend for a bit, that should be fun.

Graves full exhaust.

Mta1981

Thanks guys! Enjoying it so far, love how it sounds and rides. Could be louder, but then again, I am used to slightly louder bikes, maybe I will get used to it.

This is also my first new bike, I came off an fz6 and the 8 is a huge upgrade!!!! Its certainly too quiet, that's all stock exhaust, same on the 6. But i got a sweet two brothers coming in next weekend:D gotta have me sound sound:2cents:

DanS

Commuter
This is also my first new bike, I came off an fz6 and the 8 is a huge upgrade!!!! Its certainly too quiet, that's all stock exhaust, same on the 6. But i got a sweet two brothers coming in next weekend:D gotta have me sound sound:2cents:
If you want some good sound take a few inches off of the TBR can :cool:
Congrats on the new ride!