Just Finished My First Track Day!

Lee_533

Well, like the title says. The bike did great considering the suspension is crap. It still stuck to the ground though even going over some bumpy corners. The only thing I did do was tear those STUPID foot peg sliders off. They almost made me wreck. I was taking corners and grinding them but one of them grabbed the road in one corner. The front suspension compressed, popped up, back tire bucked, and then got speed wobbles while the bike was bucking. My front tire was chirping every time it hit the ground. After that session I pulled them off. I'm not in to the bike trying to buck me off while I'm in a 15 mph corner going 50 mph. After I pulled them off, it made a world of difference. I was able to actually use my tires and it definitely made me faster and more confident knowing I had the clearance. Anyways, 4 guys went down including my buddy. He got lucky with a perfect slide out but considering that his bike is a $20,000+ special edition Ducati, it still hurt seeing him down. Luckily, the bike still runs fine, just needs new fairings, shifter, and clip on.

Lee_533

I went to Reno Fernley Raceway in Fernley Nevada. It was a bit of a drive but it's a very fun course. I'm doing Thunder Hill next month. I think that's in Willows California. It going to be 160 for the day so I'm probably going on the 26th of next month. Also, I tightened up my rear shock until I get that adapter for the R1 shock. It made a world of difference so far.

dbenj

I went to Reno Fernley Raceway in Fernley Nevada. It was a bit of a drive but it's a very fun course. I'm doing Thunder Hill next month. I think that's in Willows California. It going to be 160 for the day so I'm probably going on the 26th of next month. Also, I tightened up my rear shock until I get that adapter for the R1 shock. It made a world of difference so far.

Awesome! Congrats on the track day. The 26th of next month is a Z2 day at Thunderhill so I'll see you there. Come check out my FZ8 while you're there. So if you drove all the way to Fernley, why not 8 hours more and come to Miller? :) FREEEEEE!

Z² | Yamaha Owner's Appreciation Days

See you soon.

--David

Lee_533

Awesome! Congrats on the track day. The 26th of next month is a Z2 day at Thunderhill so I'll see you there. Come check out my FZ8 while you're there. So if you drove all the way to Fernley, why not 8 hours more and come to Miller? :) FREEEEEE!

Z² | Yamaha Owner's Appreciation Days

See you soon.

--David

Ha...I didn't drive, my buddy drove there and I don't think he would want to drive 8 hours more. But ya, I will definitely check your fz8. What's the Paddock like at Thunderhill? Will I be able to find you?

dbenj

Ha...I didn't drive, my buddy drove there and I don't think he would want to drive 8 hours more. But ya, I will definitely check your fz8. What's the Paddock like at Thunderhill? Will I be able to find you?

Yeah, you'll definitely be able to find me. I'm one of the owners of Z2 so I'll be around during registration and tech and I'll be at the rider's meeting. My FZ8 will be parked at the main Z2 area. You won't miss it.

--David

Lee_533

Yeah, you'll definitely be able to find me. I'm one of the owners of Z2 so I'll be around during registration and tech and I'll be at the rider's meeting. My FZ8 will be parked at the main Z2 area. You won't miss it.

--David

Awesome! It would be cool to finally meet someone else that has an FZ8. I don't think I have ever seen one around yet.