It's HERE!

lothodon

Super Moderator
Just got the call today. My local(ish) dealership got ONE FZ8 and it was damaged in the crate. I drove over to look at it anyway and fell in love, even more so than I did with the pics online.

Sold my R1 and tried to make a deal knowing I'd have to wait for it to get fixed...and then the earthquake hit.

Long story short, Yamaha really came through and got me a new one instead of waiting for the damaged one to get fixed. Ordered last friday and it's HERE today!

Of course, Wisconsin got a MASSIVE spring snow storm that makes me going to get it (and drive it home) impossible right now so pickup is scheduled for next friday, but at least I know IT'S HERE!!!

trixster8

Congrats! But the snow does suck. This cold blast really throws a wrench in things. I was going through the same thing a few weeks ago when I picked mine up. You'll love it even more when you get to ride it. Although, I was going from a 600, and you're going from a 1000, so the comparison is a lot different. Either way, it rides as great as it looks!

Speedo007

Congrats on the new bike!
I think you'll find the bike 10 times more comfortable and practical then your R1. With a few minor mods, it will look just as sexy.

At first, you might feel it's quite underpowered going down from such a beast lol!
But I went from a 1050 Speed Triple to a Triumph Scrambler so I know a thing or 2 about losing power...I can say I've had as much fun with the Scambler. Just takes a little getting used to at first, and you enjoy the bike in a different way :)

Now let's all pray the weather gods so we can all enjoy some warm and dry weather up north!!

lothodon

Super Moderator
I actually took a 6r out last year and was surprised by the power. now of course it isn't going to match the r1 but like you said, much more USEABLE power and town friendly.

As for the looks, I sold the R1 TO get the FZ8 because of it's looks (and seating position) so it's already sexy to me.

Speedo007

Oh yeah it does look good...found it even better looking in person then on the pictures...
I just decided to cleanup the rear with a tail tidy and led flashers and the small Yamaha belly pan (sort of as its 2 separate pieces on the sides). Oh and putting bar end mirrors and then Im done, perfect bike :)

i agree it is sexy i seen it at our local bikers weekend and just had to have it hope to meet up with some other riders this summer!!

Speedo007

This is what I have planned...with bar end mirrors...oh and LEDs...

Speedo007

I changed my mind to about the bar ends on the Fz8 (see other thread about mirrors). Will take pictures as soon as I install the Rizoma Circuits...should fit lines much better then the big stock ones..