Im Fat Yall. I need advice

HAHA NO!!!

Hello. Im 5'7 300lbs. 2012 fz8 with 10k miles. I love this bike. Had it for 3 years. But I cant seem to ride straight. Other riders have told me that my upper body leans to the left while riding. I have noticed it but when i tried to fix myself the bike pulls right. I wanted to start doing some mod like changing the handlebars and then the rear shock to see if that will fix my problem. Any suggestions and advice are welcome. Thank you

sirdyza

I am 290 and don't have any issues with the bike, once I got the suspension adjusted for my weight. I have a 2013, so the front suspension was adjustable as well. I don't believe that is possible with other years.

jmatt890

Order the book Pain Free by Pete Egoscue.

Do the exercises for whatever area you have pain and it will straighten you out. It's not the bike. It's your posture.

Dtrain035

This may be a dumb question but you don't have ride with your wallet in your back pocket do you? If you do, stop. Sitting on your wallet whether it be riding, driving or sitting in a chair is bad for your back.

myklobe

If you've ever hit a really hard pothole or dropped the bike (like walking / dropped it, or something stupid like me), you might just need to align the forks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSunBRB6-r8 is a really good instructional video on how to align the forks. I have straightened mine after a duh-ooops dropped the bike while moving it moment. It helped a lot, but I still feel like my left handlebar is farther forward than my right. I might have bent my handlebars. Just figured I'd throw something mechanical out there. Good luck!