I need it sticky!

compensation

These damn factory tires are going to kill me. I'm so pissed i am about to melt the rear one to the wire. I am a heavy rider and want a good sticky tire, any ideas? These factory ones slide so bad sometimes i end up facing the curb and have to make a left turn soon after i turn right. Most of the time I catch it before I get my nerves all worked up.

Harrywz

These damn factory tires are going to kill me. I'm so pissed i am about to melt the rear one to the wire. I am a heavy rider and want a good sticky tire, any ideas? These factory ones slide so bad sometimes i end up facing the curb and have to make a left turn soon after i turn right. Most of the time I catch it before I get my nerves all worked up.

How about the Michelin Power One 2CT tire?

compensation

That really isn't a bad price. How much does it usually cost to have the shop put them on? And if i get caught in the rain how do you think they will do? Is that something i should be extra cautious about?

Harrywz

That really isn't a bad price. How much does it usually cost to have the shop put them on? And if i get caught in the rain how do you think they will do? Is that something i should be extra cautious about?

Shop will charge you their normal rate for tire replacement whatever price they are charging in your area. Sometimes they cut you a break if you remove the wheels from the bike and bring them in.

My brother ran these tires on his 07 R1. The tires he got were "scrub" tires and he was able to do well in the rain, had no noticible traction problems, but he rides "like its stolen".

compensation

Hmm I was gonna post that it will help me smoke a guy on his r1 since he only knows how to go straight with that extra 50hp and talk crap about me because i wont go 140 in rush hour traffic. But it seems last night he crashed. Does this mean i win?

SpunkyTheTuna

Hmm I was gonna post that it will help me smoke a guy on his r1 since he only knows how to go straight with that extra 50hp and talk crap about me because i wont go 140 in rush hour traffic. But it seems last night he crashed. Does this mean i win?

No. You only win by not caring about anybody else's opinion and not playing somebody else's game.

compensation

It is hard spunk. I grew up on bikes and know where my skills are. Then i get someone who jumps on a r1 and learns how to twist on a handlebar thinking they are the best. Is that your quote? Cause it's a damn good one.

SpunkyTheTuna

It's an old idea, but that's my way of saying it. Feel free to reuse it, it's just words.

I agree, it is hard sometimes to ignore assholes. I struggle with it a lot, too. But in the end it doesn't matter who got the best of who in a meaningless and potentially catastrophic street race. In two years you won't remember that race unless somebody crashes and burns. So why bother? Life is long, and as an olde pharte I'm every day realizing that I'm glad I stuck around to see this end of it.

compensation

Ok my buddy ordered me power pilots instead. I wondered why they were so cheap. He told me he sold the power one ct's to a guy who wore them out in two weeks on the road. Also if i dont like the pilots he is gonna pull out the buddy discount on the ct's. Anyone had the pilots? And i am willing to trade stock tires for some 120-80-16 and rear 140-70-18

V

Vapordan

In two years you won't remember that race unless somebody crashes and burns. So why bother?

Sometimes I do remember the races I've had but not in a good light at all. It's always more along the lines of 'why was I riding like an asshole again?' There's something about age, man, just something about age and wisdom, like they're connected at the hip.

beefcake morris

Sometimes I do remember the races I've had but not in a good light at all. It's always more along the lines of 'why was I riding like an asshole again?' There's something about age, man, just something about age and wisdom, like they're connected at the hip.

I could not agree more.

The races I remember are the ones I come home from the track the same as I arrived at the track.

compensation

I like these power pilots. I got the 190-55-17. It seems to be a little taller due to the rim squishing it a bit. Cant get my pinkie between the tire and hugger unless i flex the plastic. Anyone know what the biggest tire we can cram in there with a wider wheel?

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I like my Q2s as long as it's not cold or wet. Great summer tire, for the few miles they last. Don't do any touring on them. Chicken strip from HELL will result. But, they are sticky and a decent value. If you want the best, get the pilot powers (any of them). They can be expensive, but there really isn't anything better, from everything I've heard/read/experienced.

master paper clip

I had pilot power 3 got a little over 7k on the rear before changin it, was a great and sticky tire, didn't care what the road was like they did there job.

RD GUY

I put 5000kms on the stockers they had lots of life left on them worked ok ,sold for $130. put on the 2ct's where much beter put another 5000kms sold them for $120 then got the pilot 3 love them great tires as far as changing tires I got a buddy who has his own tire machine and balancer drop off your bike $50bucks your back on the road with no damage or marks on your rims check out Petes Superbike best price on tires around

tony412k

I have the pilot power 2 on my rear its very grippy in the canyons I also just purchased a new front tire the pilot road 3 for my front but I have yet to install it...

Levek

I had the same feeling as you about the stock tires.

I picked up Pilot Power 3 front and rear (120/70 | 180/55) and they haven't let me down; I'm extremely confident with them.

I have about 4k miles on them and it's looking like I'll be replacing the back by February with the same tire unless something unexpected catches my eye.

I'm not tracking my bike but it gets tons and tons of peg-grinding canyon carving. The Dual Compound is great since I commute on the bike, there is no sign of excessive wear on any part of the tire.