Howdy from a new member

FaZerick8

Hello from California! Purchased a 2011 FZ8 in June and have about 1,000 miles on the odometer so far. To date I've added the following accessories: Yamaha centerstand, Yamaha fly screen, Motovation frame sliders, Evotech radiator guard, and Evotech tail tidy.

Last edited:

asantos

[lang=es]saludos Fazerick

El caballete central es el proximo accesorio que voy añadir en mi FZ8 :)[/lang]

FaZerick8

Greetings asantos. The center stand makes cleaning and maintenance of the rear wheel & chain go a lot easier and faster.

mckshred

Center Stand ...

Updated - a couple pics of my centerstand install.

Hey - Sharp looking. It's been along time since I had my last bike, Seca 750. Was a little surprised to see not all new bikes come equipped with a center stand. Any issues with it ever getting in the way? I recall that I scraped my center stand once or twice while riding way back when. I don't think I'm heading to any tracks in the near future so it seems like a very practical 'upgrade'. I know the pros, but any real cons with it? Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:

FaZerick8

Cons are the weight (about 10 pounds), the potential to scrape (I haven't yet), and some have said it's difficult to mount due to the springs (I can't say... dealer installed).

FaZerick8

Cons are the weight (about 10 pounds), the potential to scrape (I haven't yet), and some have said it's difficult to mount due to the springs (I can't say... dealer installed).

The Yamaha centerstand for the FZ8 weighs 6.5 pounds (3 kilograms), not the 10 pounds I guessed. See page 54 of the February 2012 issue of Cycle World.

michelsmith

Hi
My name is michelsmith and I'm originally from India.Hope I'll find here nice people to share the fun of riding motorbike and ask for advice as well.