HOW TO: Remove the OEM stickers

Bram

*Note: I am not a professional. There are many ways to remove stickers, but this writeup is how I did it.

I just got my new bike, and wanted to get rid of the OEM stickers.

- The first one is on top of the gas tank.
- The second one is on the chain guard, specifying the correct tyre pressure.

First The first one on the gas tank:
------------------
I tried to peel it off without using any tools, but it is some sort of silicone-sticker which breaks very easy.
So for this job, I used a hairdryer to loosen up the glue.

When the glue was warmed up, I peeled off the sticker bit by bit using only my nails. But the sticker leaves glue residu on the tank.

Ater 35 minutes of peeling off, the sticker was removed, but there was bits of glue on the tank.

Next step: Take a clean cloth and WD-40.
Spray a little bit of WD-40 on the cloth and rub on the glue residu.
Don't rub like a maniac, this step is only to remove the big glue bits.
When done right, there is no more bits of glue on the tank, but there is still a smudged look where the sticker used to be.

This can be solved by polishing the smudged spot.
You need a polishing "sponge", and polishing cream, and a polishing cloth.
I can't specify which one I used, because it was a gift from someone who worked in a bodywork shop.

Put some cream on the smudged spot, and wrub hard, but not too hard in circular movements with the sponge.

The spot will be cleaned of smudge and scratched.
When the rubbing is done, the spot will look like this:

Then just go over it with the cloth, and the part where the sticker was is shiny :)

The second sticker on the chain guard:
-------------------------------------

This sticker comes off very easy with only the use of a hairblower and a tip of a fingernail.
I it's done carefully, the sticker will not break.

When it's removed, you can see the silhout where the sticker used to be. Just go over it with a cloth sprayed with a little bit of WD-40.

Now you have successfully removed the OEM stickers.

black8

I do the same as you with the hair dryer but after that i use meths on a soft cloth brings that glue off straight away then a good polishing.

villhelmromero

I just got up under the sticker with a flexible razor blade to get it off. then I used a rag dipped in gasoline to get the residue off. quick and easy

Bram

I just got up under the sticker with a flexible razor blade to get it off. then I used a rag dipped in gasoline to get the residue off. quick and easy

Didn't you scratch the paint job underneath the sticker?
Using a rasor blade seems a bit risky to me.

Perron

I did mine by shooting alot of wd40 on the sticker, then heating it with a heatgun and I peeled it off without leaving any glue on the tank

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

krillz

Polish cream looks like coffee creamer. Cant wait to try it. I hate my sticker on all 3 of my bikes.