HOW TO: Lars airbox mod and AIS BLOCKING

bikee4

I Just used Epoxy for plastic and a rubber plug beneath. I don't understand if you are not going to totally remove the system why waste your time individually plugging both orifices.

Arjwalker

Stupid Question?

Hi Guys,

This may be a stupid question... but here goes:

Are you reinstalling the removed air filter or just leaving the bike with no filter in the air box? :confused:

Thanks
Anthony

SBGuy

I'll let you know when i get mine on Friday haha. I can only assume a K&N, slip on and PCV will be a big improvement.

SBGuy

Thats a matter of opinion depending on who you ask. I personally am thinking about it but may just reflash the ecu. Still under debate. Hope that answers all your questions :drunks:

Rhyno54

I know this is an old thread but i gotta ask this, gonna have my ECU tuned sometime this week my bike is at the shop, I have a slip-on exhaust and k&n hf air filter, is the air-box mod worth it even with a hf air filter, will it be more top end oriented, cuss i really like the low and mid-range power

Umyaya

Is the shop installing that? I bet the labor cost would cover the cost for your flash... getting to the ECU takes 15 to 20 mins tops.... slip on would be easy since you don't need to touch the headers... headers were annoying for me. Airbox mod and plugging doesn't take too long. Just read the how to...

Last edited:

amirmactavish

Do we still need to install the smog block off plates after u've plug it in the ais??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alecb5

Do you have the PVC Map link or description so I can look it up? I am doing this mod, adding a K&N Filter, and already have Yoshi slip-on.

AnthonyLacy501

I am in the process of rebuilding my bike after a brutal crash and I am going to do many mods now.
I want to do the LARS air box mod but not sure if I need the power commander at the same time that I do the mod or will the bike auto flash tune?? I have Black Path emission block off plates I'll be installing at the same time.
Catalytic converter will be drilled out too then re-install my coffman's shorty slip on until I can afford a full exhaust system.
I have to replace the whole front end so I'm converting it to a 2009 R1 front end or a similar year. Also the rear end will need to be replaced too.

Ferret

I note various people saying you need a remap or re flash for fear of running lean after this air box mod . On all the bikes that I have done similar mods over the years have all self adjusted within the ecu working parameters . Usually it took a 10 minute ride just to get up to temperature for all to recalibrate to the mod . My buell. 2007 xb12 ended up with an air box that resembled Swiss cheese due to all the extra holes ,never an issue did not need a remap . Benelli 1130 I cut the snorkel off just as seen here with fz8 worked just fine . However it is always best to run on the dyno for proof all is well for what it costs . On the fz8 I will get a re flash and accustom map as I inten to remove the cat and install better filter to compliment my akra slip on .