HOW TO: Install GoPro mount on visor (Chin view)

rawgee

So for those of you that are in the same situation as me, which means you cannot stick your 3M adhesive mount on your helmet's chin because of the air vent, well here is an alternative that might look weird and definitely not esthetic but it works and surprisingly it doesn't block the field of view at all.
So here are a few pictures of my setup and a quick video to show you what it looks like siting on the bike, thanks and hope you enjoy! :)

So what i did is i used a curved adhesive mount, the J-hook buckle, the 3-way pivot arm and i got myself some metric screws (m5 - 2cm length) to replace the stock screws that came with the GoPro because they were blocking the view a bit.

Front View just with the adhesive mount: (Looks like it blocks the field of view but not! Wait... later)

Closer view of the adhesive mount:

The mount setup:

The mount installed:

Front view: (on the right you can see that its minor how it affects the fov)

Side view:

Inside the helmet view: (Trust me the tip of the mount is totally blurry)

Here's what it looks like sitting on the bike with that setup and i can see the speed and RPM gauges with my eyes without leaning my head down

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ByR8TEuT4"]GoPro Hero2 Chin view mount - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

thats pretty nice.

I stopped using Gopros, and even the contour as a helmet cam since they are really just too huge, and you can feel it when wearing them on the helmet.

ssky0078

thats pretty nice.

I stopped using Gopros, and even the contour as a helmet cam since they are really just too huge, and you can feel it when wearing them on the helmet.

How fast you going? I can only notice mine on the side of my helmet over 85.

rawgee

I like that set up a lot but that little bit showing would make be go cross eyed.

I wish i could show you what i really see in there... Because of the angle of the helmet when you ride the tip of the mount falls down into the view between the fuel tank and the handlebars... Doesn't bother me at all...That's why i replaced the originals black screws of the GoPro with the small ones! ;)

Sorry for my bad english writings...

Last edited: