How many riders are geeks?

N8 Dub

I'm a chemical engineer and a total nerd. I've watched some videos of riders and a lot of them seem like they are somewhat geeky as well. Who considers themselves a nerd and why?

n00b

Avid Rider
I don't consider myself a nerd, but I'm sure others do. LOL

Mechanical engineer, turned computer programmer here. Still get my fix for hands on stuff in the garage.

RoadKill

im a programmer as well. i guess that makes me a geek. I produce music as well so i love electronics.

sinclap2

Lazy
My Wife say's I'm a Dumbass

LOL!

My boss calls me her nerd. My niece says I'm a dork. Self taught most of the stuff I know about computers (building, programming and maintenance).
I hated school and the ridged structure of learning (ie textbook, read, learn, exams). Uni was better as the structure/atmosphere was more relaxed. However, to this day, I won't/can't learn something if I am being forced to. Unless I want to, I will only do the bare minimum to get by.

Uni:
1. Medical laboratory science
2. Human resources

Hated both, got 3/4's thru the med lab degree and walked away from it. Got thru the HR degree but hated working in the field. Now I am a business analyst, whatever that means?

SpunkyTheTuna

Retired mainframe programmer here, currently doing tech support, so yeah, I'm a nerd. Youngest daughter is a programmer too. She's a third generation programmer. Not a lot of those around.

C

Camo

Not this nerdy lol

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FJoJn5M2Ov8]YouTube - Big Bang Theory (CBS) - Sword Master[/ame]

n00b

Avid Rider
Clay tablets. They were a big improvement over the stone ones cuz they were RW. :)

Actually, he was a mainframe programmer too. Started on NCR 390's. I was nearly disowned for programming IBMs.
the whole 3rd gen programmer thing is very cool. kinda weird to think about it.

W

WARPTH

I love playing video games. Like sbk generations or socom. I spose that makes me a nerd. Not that I've had a chance to turn on the PS3 in the last 4 months since my son came into the world. :)

H

Hoover

Never played a video game, never seen Star Wars.
Spent 30 years in the wrecker industry getting my hands dirty.
I can however turn on my laptop and sync my ipod without assistance. :chicken:

Wolf_Hook

I'm the sole IT person for my company, so I wear a lot of hats. Database engineer, network admin, I take care of all the company's smart phones, Novell server admin, and anything else that gets plugged in. I've been trying to balance riding and playing Guild Wars 2 recently (even though I ride to work everyday heh).

rug_burn

people i work with tell me i act like a 3 yr old.

That's the beauty of getting old- then they just say you're "young at heart"...

I'm a mechanical engineer- I geek out with the best of them from time to time. Sometimes (always?) you gotta be all over the details or things don't work...

Last edited:

Emohawk

Well, I just pre-ordered the complete series of "In Search Of...", so I think that makes me a geek/nerd by default! But I also build guitar amps...I like to think that nullifies the geek factor somewhat. :)

Oh - and I also work in IT...Systems analyst here, but I still do a lot of programming as well. On my team I'm basically "Mikey"...